Chapter 25: The Legend is Revealed

Ikkos looked at the tall shelves, deeply lost in thought

Ikkos looked at the tall shelves, deeply lost in thought. "Now that we have found the marshlands of Qadisiyya, maybe we can find something about Ishtar's Willow, the reason we came all this way."

Themistonoe agreed with a nod. "That's a good idea. These archives have a lot of knowledge that might get us closer to the answers we're looking for. Should we go back to the documents and search for references to the Willow of Ishtar?"

"You're right," replied Themistonoe. "Our custodian might still have some answers that we haven't found yet. But where should we start?"

Just like he was summoned, Tahir appeared between the aisles. "I couldn't help but hear your discussion. How can I help you on your journey?"

Mnesarete greeted him warmly. "We've travelled far to learn more on our spiritual path. Among the plants and flowers mentioned in the historical archives, there's one in particular that we're interested in: the legendary Willow of Ishtar, supposedly found in the sacred marshes of Qadisiyya."

"We've been studying ancient herblore with the guidance of Apollo, and we've learned about the magical properties of this tree and the ancient pilgrimages connected to it," she continued.

Mnesarete smiled kindly. "Do you have any records or materials in your collection that could give us more insight or clues to help us on our journey? Even the smallest detail could help us solve the mysteries that we're still trying to understand as we follow in the footsteps of ancient pilgrims."

Tahir stroked his beard thoughtfully. "We happen to have a delicate volume about ancient plants. But let me make sure it's ready for you to see before I bring it. Please wait here, and I'll be back soon."

With a swish of his robes, the custodian left through the archways, giving the travellers hope that this new volume would bring them more discoveries.

Not long after, Tahir returned, carefully carrying an old volume. Placing it gently on the table, he showed them pages of fragile parchment with detailed drawings of plants, along with writing in a special ancient script.

"A famous herbalist finished this rare collection," Tahir explained. "She travelled to many different lands for years, recording information about plants. When she was done, she offered it to our archives, but at a high price."

He smiled proudly. "Though it was expensive, preserving knowledge from skilled scholars seemed like a worthwhile investment. It seems luck has favoured you all, as you have found this treasure just when you need it. Please look at it carefully; old wisdom about rare plants awaits within these delicate pages."

Expressing their thanks, the travellers gathered around the volume, their eyes eagerly scanning the pages for any mention of the famous Willow that had brought them on this difficult journey. They hoped that within these delicate pages, they would finally find the answers to the mysteries that had been around for a long time...