∞ONE∞

Thursday
Abuja, Nigeria

~≈∞ CHIKA LISA IWUJI ∞≈~

I sat in my mom's mini kiosk with my quack Infinix in my hand. I was watching a movie, "WEDNESDAY", which was a must watch movie in school 'cause everyone couldn't, like, stop talking about it'.

I kinda liked her character, though. A girl who didn't give any shit. Well, I wished I was a little bit like her.

Keyword, a little

Cause how do you stay without smiling?

"Untie her," said Bianca, from the movie.

"I untied myself like five minutes ago," Wednesday replied with a stoic face which made me laugh out loud. Damn, I was loving this girl.

"My mama born me," someone called from the real world.

I paused the movie and shot my head up. It was Oga Martin, a waybill driver who obviously came to buy his usual credit from the shop.

"Oga Martin, good evening," I greeted, showing a little respect.

"Ehen, why you never comot your school uniform?" He asked in pidgin.
[Why haven't you removed your school uniform?]

How is that your business please?

"My mom said I should stay in the shop let her rush to the market and buy some things," I said to him instead.

"Okay na, give me bread three hundred and milk hundred naira," he said, pointing at the items.

"Hope say you get your money for hand?" I asked. "Because my mama talk say make I no sell for person on credit oo."
[Hope you have your money now because my mom said I shouldn't sell for anyone on credit oo]

He looked at me, a frown on his face. "Why you go dey talk like that nau, I no dey pay?" he snapped at me.
[Why will you talk like that, don't I pay?]

"Abeg, abeg, abeg, no dey pour spit for my face. If you no get money, you go Mama Daniel shop, she go sell!" I fired at him with irritation.
[Please, please, please stop splashing saliva on my face. If you don't have money you go to Daniel's mother shop, she will sell!]

I scrunched my nose at the foul odour I perceived from this man's mouth.

When last did he brush please?

God abeg.

"Na because I say make I come patronize you small, na why you dey open that your small mouth dey insult me. I go beat you one day," he said angrily, wagging his finger at me. As he turned around and walked out of the shop, I still heard him mumbling.
[It's because I came to patronize you, that's why you began to insult me with your little mouth. I will beat you one day.]

"Abeg, get out! No be money my mama dey use go buy these things? You wan come carry for free. No be when I dey sidown for here!" I yelled at his retreating figure.
[Please, get out! Isn't it money my mom uses to buy these things? You want to carry them for free. Not when I'm sitting here.]

"Action lady!" someone yelled from the shop opposite ours.

I didn't look at the person, I just sat down and continued my movie. After a while, my mom came back with a large sack that contained goods for her shop. After unpacking everything with her, I told her what inspired between me and Oga Martin not long ago. As usual, she was proud that she had a fierce daughter, instead of a dull, shy bitch.