Idiotic-how you feel when a cute boy tells you he's possessed

WPOV

That meeting was one of most stressful ones. Ever. They were just going to kill him! How could they take one look at him and decide killing him is the only option?

Currently in my room, the Ghost King himself sat on my bed, his raven black hair in his chocolate brown eyes. Looking into them seemed to put me in some kind of... trance. His eyes were truly beautiful.

"For the last time. What are you staring at?!"

"Uh. You? I mean! Um... Your eyes. Why do they change color?" I frantically changed the topic.

"Oh. That's...personal"

"Ok sorry.

The Ghost King looked confused.

"Why are you apologizing to me?" Came his curious voice.

"Well I didn't want to seem like I was trying to invade your privacy. You'll share what you wanna share."

He looked stunned. I stepped cautiously over to see if he would react, and when he didn't, I went and sat next to him on the bed.

He really is adorable though. Ah, the others would hate me if they even thought I couldn't finish a job.

Snapping me from my thoughts, Death Boy spoke up.

"Are you ok?" He sounded genuinely concerned.

"Yeah of course!"

"If you don't mind me asking... what are you planning to do with me?"

Kiss you.

"You'll just stay in here until we decide what to do with you. The group kinda runs like how the Romans did it. We vote, and argue, although we don't have a leader."

"That's pretty cool. I've been by myself for a long time."

Well that was sad.

"Oh. Well you're not alone anymore!" I beamed at him. He raised his eyebrows in a questioning manner.

I realized how cheesy that sounded. I just wanted to offer him reassurence, even though I had no idea what the next meeting would bring. Everyone was against him. Especially Wise Girl. She'll want him dead.

"I just want to be able to give you a choice death boy." The name slipped out, but he didn't seem to notice.

"A choice? And what choices can your team possibly offer me? They want me dead."

"Well maybe if you didn't MURDER A BUNCH OF PEOPLE YEARS AGO WE WOULDN'T BE HERE!"

"IT WASN'T MY FAULT!" He screamed back me.

"HOW WAS THAT NOT YOUR FAULT?"

We were both standing now, shouting at each other with all we had. His eyes were flashing between red and brown, faster by the second.

"BECAUSE" Came his broken voice. "I'M POSSESSED, IDIOT!"

He realized what he said and sat back down on the bed curled into a ball as far away from me as he could get.

Possessed? How did that happen?

"Who- why- how?"

He looked up at me, his eyes their beautiful brown again.

"I shouldn't have said that." his tone grim.

"Is that why your eyes-?"

"Get all flashy? Yeah."

"But how-?"

The door flung open. Wise Girl was standing there, arms crossed, posture stiff.

"I heard screaming. And it's meeting time."