"Reunited" 🌻

Courtney's bladder woke her up at two a.m. She went to the bathroom and then decided to go downstairs to grab a bottle of water. She saw Reneé sitting at the kitchen island. She started to just go back upstairs. Stories told to her about Reneé was still in her head. But at the same time, she was curious about her. Especially since she seemed to experience a little deja vu when she laid her hand on Reneé's wrist and healed her pain. It seemed like she had healed her before. But they had never met.....right?

Courtney decided to grow a pair of balls and walked her scary ass into the kitchen. Reneé was shocked to see her. Courtney grabbed her water and tried to exit without making things awkward. But Reneé wasn't about to let her get away that easily....

"Hey....what are you doing up?", Reneé asked.

"I had to use the bathroom. Then I got thirsty....", Courtney said shyly.

"Oh.....well, it's other stuff in there besides water. There's juice and soda too", Reneé informed her.

"Yeah, but I'll just go ahead and have water. Thanks for letting me know though....What are you drawing?", Courtney asked.

"Nothing but psychotic shit of course. But I'll show you the more innocent drawings. The few that I have anyway", Reneé said.

She showed Courtney a picture she drew of two pretty little girls. One girl was black and the other was white. The girls were smiling at each other. In the picture, the white girl was handing the black girl a dandelion....

"This picture....It....seems like something that happened to me before. Actually, the black girl looks like me. And the white girl...."

"That's me.....Are you Coco?", Reneé asked Courtney.

"Yeah....my family calls me Coco...", Courtney replied.

Reneé had to fight back tears. She never forgot about Coco. She never got over her evil stepmother deleting her best friend's  number out of her phone. Nor has she gotten over the physical and verbal abuse. And people wonder why she almost killed the bitch when she was thirteen!

"We met at a park when we were ten. I was running away from home. When you asked me my name I gave you my middle name..."

"Jane?!", Courtney asked in disbelief.

"Yeah....I'm so sorry I didn't call you. My evil ass stepmother deleted your number out of my phone after she beat me", Reneé replied bitterly.

"Well....I wouldn't have got the call anyway. After that fun day I had with you in the park, me and Meg found our grandmother laying on the floor in her living room. She had a brain aneurysm....she passed away", Courtney explained sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Coco....I knew there was something different about your eyes. They don't have the same glowy innocence in them like they did when we met. It's because your spirit is broken", Reneé said.

Courtney nodded her head in agreement. Her spirit was immediately broken the day her grandmother passed away. Finding her laying on the floor like that traumatized ten year old Courtney. And that was the day she began battling depression and suicidal thoughts.

"My momma brought me into this world, but my grandma was my REAL momma....She took care of me and my sister while our momma was chasing men and getting high. She cared about men and drugs more than she cared about us. And she still does which is why we're here. But I guess we both we home to some bullshit that day. I'm sorry your stepmother did that to you" Courtney said.

"All I wanted was to talk to you. I actually planned on escaping again to find you. I never forgot about you", Reneé said.

"Reneé....What happened the day you pulled a gun out on your stepmother. And where's your real mom? I remember that day in the park you said you had to find your mom. What was really going on back then?", Courtney asked.