Chapter 9

"Oh look, fags got a phone, let's see what's on it" said a recognizable voice from behind me.

Without thinking I jolt up out of my seat and swing my elbow behind me and got the guy in the stomach. I'm still facing Phil and he stands up. But for a split second I wonder why I'm not getting anymore sounds of angry movement from behind me. There is no way it was only one guy.

I turned around holding my phone still tightly in my hand and looked to the floor where the guy from Sam's group with blond dreads was on the floor. Alas, Dan's super strength kicks in for the first time. I took a carrot chip off my tray and nodded towards Phil to the exit of the cafeteria.

When Phil and I walked through double doors of the schools cafeteria I come to the realization that, oh my god, I just hurt a bully without getting hurt myself. Oh. My. God.  As the realization hit me I smiled unintentionally with every part of my face, though trying to cover it up with my hair.

"So... You don't hate me?" Phil said. I looked at him smiled sliding off my face and I reply in a cheery yet sincere voice :

"Well, I don't know. You hurt me a lot but I know we have already talked about this but that wasn't just physical harm you made. But this is not about that, point is, yeah... I think I forgive you. at least, I do enough that I am very willing to talk and hang out and that with you" I said. The urge to kiss Phil was very hard to keep down but like every other time, I hid it with a glance to the ground.

"do you want to go to the little room?" Phil asked smiling brightly at me with this doubt fading away. The room. I hadn't thought about the room since when we first went in.  The room. I nodded smiled again as we made our way through the school to the classroom containing the door.  

Even though Asherson is 'the best school' they don't have locks on the classroom doors. Even though i have noticed the extreme amount of cameras they have around the school, no locks. Huh. when we got outside the classroom Phil moved his hand into position to hold my own. From my last experience with this i was extremely hesitant and snaked my hand to my stomach, away from Phil's.

 I looked u at Phil to see him looking at me already with a puzzled expression over his face. I sighed and let down my and and inter-twined my fingers with his own. I noted that Phil smiled to himself and let out his own breath as we entered the empty classroom with the display screen down and the chairs still stacked in the corner of the room. 

We walked over to the dark green door behind the chalk board and Phil squeezed my hand before letting go as he took his keys from is pocket. He unlocked the door and I glanced at the door of the classroom to see all the people walking past the door through the doors window.  Really no one knew about this door did they?

Phil took my hand again and opened the door entering first pulling me along behind him to close the door. We walked down the narrow corridor once again until we stopped dead in our tracks when we heard whispering from behind us. Horror and fear consumed me and I felt my heart stop. No. No supernatural shit now. Not now. Oh god

Phil tuned around to face me, then came a giggle and Phil sighed with a smile on his face and that really helped me to relax, knowing that Phil wasn't horrified cooled me down. I turned around slightly tightening my grip to Phil's hand and then saw two girls at the other side of the hallway. This was not what you would think though right?

The two girls from the cafeteria were back to back scuttling down the passage towards us groaning and tripping over them selves. One of the girls started yelling at the other to move out the way but they were so close together it would have been so tight between them, moving in front or behind would be out of the question. 

"Ugh, Courtney Move! Your taking up all the space!" The girl on the left moaned. For a moment I forgot all the stress about actual school and drama with people and just started laughing at these two idiots stuck in this tiny passage. 

Phil hit me with our still link hands and whispered 'shut up' and i quieted down. The girl now identified as Courtney  hit the other girl in the face and squeezed past so she was in front and able to move freely. No seriously, did they literally think they would fit side by side? 

"Oh sorry Phil and Dan, Maddie and I were just going to our room, you can come if you wan-" Courtney tried to explain but was interrupted by, now identified, Maddie pushing her over face to the floor and walking over her like a rug and walked straight up to me with a blank face. I could feel Phil breathing over my right shoulder as Maddie came center meters away from my face before whispering: "Dan, rabbit stew sucks guts and squirrel stew is better do you understand me?" directly into my face. 

Out of slight panic I nodded and she nodded back and turned back to Courtney who was now on her feet, her glasses sitting wrong on the bridge of her nose. They both tuned and walked past the door we cam though and walked down some stairs and turned left into oblivion- also known as somewhere I can't see.  

I turned around, Phil still in hand, to face the boy. His eyes were shimmering in the dimply lit corridor, sun flowing in through the thin windows just above our heads on the walls, illuminating Phil's face and fringe making him look even more like an angel than he already had.  

That was the moment Phil started to lean towards me. His face getting closer and closer to mine. Without thinking I fill the gap between us press my lips to his. The fireworks in my body exploded and I felt my heart stop for the second time in the past 5 minutes. 

I don't know how long it lasted, I don't really even know how I managed to not faint while it was happening. When it stopped though, We look each other in the eye and squeezed our hands together as Phil lead the way through the maze to our little room.