Chapter 27 - Matrona

Start from the beginning

Anger filled the very depth of your soul and you clenched your hands, but calmed down, taking deep breaths before smiling. "Gowther, did you at least feel or experience anything when you erased her memories?"

"What do you mean? I'm not sure if I understand the question. To wipe away the recollections of somebody, feelings aren't necessary at all."

"Not necessary....how funny.." You sighed.

"What's wrong? Why are you angry?" Gowther asked, concern filling his voice. The others were getting angry by how Gowther's words were affecting you.

"You really need to learn to read the room, Gowther." Slader sighed.

'Can you help me?'

"Of course."

"I'm not angry, Gowther. And I know we haven't known each other long, but I'm genuinely disappointed with you. Because a person's heart, their emotions...." Anger started filling into your words as your eyes turned red, reeling your fist back. "...isn't your plaything!" You punched him hard, sending him flying into a pillar as dust surrounded him. You breathed heavily for a while before crouching down, holding your throbbing fist. "Ow, ow, ow, ow....that really hurts." The pain was suddenly gone. "You're welcome. And warn me next time."

'You did that?'

"I amplified your punch. You would've bruised his cheek, but I'm the one who sent him flying."

'Thanks, but I don't think I should've done that. How am I going to explain how I did that to the others?'

"I don't know. That's for you to figure out."

You sighed as you stood up, looking at the others as your eyes were no longer red. You noticed their stares as you started to panic. "I-I...I used to take boxing lessons! And a-adrenaline fueled my punch! I was just really angry. I swear I didn't even know I could punch that hard." You quickly said, which only made them smile from how you stuttered. "We can worry about Gowther later, but we need to find Diane. Meliodas, King, Merlin, since you are her teammates, I'm guessing you've known her the longest. Do you know where she could have gone?"
"Hmmm...Before Diane joined the Sins, she was still living in her hometown. The Giant race's homeland, Megadoza."

"Then, let's go there." You said. You all ran to the tavern as you started your journey to Megadoza.

"Megadoza lies toward the north. At a distance of over 300 miles." Merlin calculated.

"I hope she's all right," you worried.

Elsewhere

"Matrona." A familiar voice silently spoke out as she ran in a certain direction.

Sixteen years ago

--------

A gruesome battle was underway as three giants; a woman with blonde hair, one with dirty blonde hair, and one with brown hair helped their allies; the humans, with fighting the enemy they were up against, barbarians.

Dust flew up as the barbarians noticed dust coming from a direction, as well as multiple dead bodies.

"She's a monster!" One barbarian yelled as they stared with fright the giant lady with long blonde hair.

"No, she's from the Giant race. The Fang of the Earth, Matrona!" Another one screamed.

Matrona reeled back a punch as she hit the ground, sending multiple spikes to erupt from the ground, thrusting into each barbarian in front of her.

Near Matrona, Diane could be seen holding barbarians as she had a disinterested look on her face, tossing them into the lake behind her. The last giant sat by the lake as she yelped, seeing barbarians rushing toward her, too scared to do anything.