Chapter 18

~Goodbye for Now~

*Jin Hye's POV*
It was already July, the month I have to leave for the states. I'm excited because hey, I'm chasing my dreams! Sad because I'm leaving Kyungsoo here in Korea. I packed my suitcase last night so I wouldn't be rushing today. I'm having mixed feelings about this. The only thing that's keeping me going is my dream and the deal that Kyungsoo and I made 15 years ago on the window sill seat. I'll never forget that day. "I can't believe you're leaving Jin Hye," Kyungsoo said, tears starting to come out. "I can't either. But both of us have to remember our deal!" I exclaimed. "Don't forget me," Kyungsoo said. "Don't forget me," I replied.

*Kyungsoo's POV*
My mother finally bought me a car as a congratulations for graduating college. I got my license two weeks ago. So, this time I was the one taking Jin Hye somewhere..but for a sad reason. On the way to the airport, we listened to the radio to take our mind off the fact that she'll be in the U.S. while I'm here.

~At the airport~

*Jin Hye's POV*
We were finally at the airport. The time I've been dreading. I didn't want to say goodbye, but this was my dream, I couldn't push this offer away. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm not letting it out of my grasp. Once we got to the terminal, Kyungsoo and I stopped walking. "Promise you won't forget me," I said. "I will never forget you," Kyungsoo replied. "I promise to call and text you while I can. I will try to visit you when I have time," he said. "Okay...one last hug," I said. Kyungsoo and I stood there hugging for what seemed like forever until the speaker said that my flight was now boarding. "Good bye Kyungsoo, I love you," I said.

*Kyungsoo's POV*
"Good bye Jin Hye, I love you too," I said. I took one last glance at her. She turned around and walked inside the terminal. I watched her until I could no longer see her. I hope she reaches her dream...