Chapter 14

~Last performance as a choir~

*Kyungsoo's POV*
It's after school and Jin Hye and I are currently at home, getting ready for the performance. Jin Hye wore a white blouse, a black skirt that just passed her knees, and black high heels. She decided to keep her hair down, which made her look absolutely stunning. I wore a white button up shirt with a black bowtie, black pants, and black shoes. I put my hair up in a quiff, using a bunch of hairspray. If it weren't for the white tops, you'd think we'd be going to a funeral, but nope. This is the dress code. I called my mom if she could come pick us up. My mom doesn't trust me with a driver's license yet, which is absurd. We could call Jin Hye's parents, but they were out of town, again.

*Jin Hye's POV*
Kyungsoo's mother picked us up and drove us to the school where we would be performing. "Komawoyo eomeoni," I said, bowing once we arrived. I owe a lot to Kyungsoo and his family. "You're welcome! I will be watching you in the audience, applauding for you, ok?" "Araso eomeoni," I said, smiling. "I'll see you inside eomma!" Kyungsoo said. Kyungsoo and I went inside the theatre in where we would be performing. Its acoustics are really good. If someone were to whisper on stage, believe it or not, you can hear it from the very back of the theatre!

~Curtain time~

*Kyungsoo's POV*
It was time to perform one last time as a choir. Man was I going to miss everyone. Even Johnny, he was one annoying guy from the U.S. but he was quite the jokester! For someone from the states, his Korean is pretty good. Mrs. Shin directed all of us to get into place on the risers as we've practiced many times in the past. Once we were all set, Mrs. Shin walked in front of all of us, so she could conduct. (And mouth the lyrics)

*Jin Hye's POV*
I'll admit that I'm pretty sensitive. I cry over the smallest things! I already know that I will be crying when the performance is over. We sang "Bring Him Home" from Les Misérables, one of my and Kyungsoo's favourite musicals. Next, we performed "Another Op'nin', Another Show" from Kiss Me Kate. Lastly, we performed "I Don't Need Anything But You" from Annie. Throughout the performance, Kyungsoo and I held hands.

~Intermission~

*Kyungsoo's POV*
That's it, our last performance of the year! The whole ensemble was getting down from the risers. I held Jin Hye's hand in mine as we walked off the risers. We walked around the theatre looking for my mother. We finally found her in the middle section of the theatre. "Aigoo, I'm so proud of you guys!" she said, hugging Jin Hye and I. "Kamshamnida," Jin Hye and I both said, bowing. "I'm sorry Jin Hye that your parents couldn't be here! I got everything on camera, so, I can show it to your parents!" my mom said. "Kamshamnida eomeoni!" Jin Hye said, once again bowing. "Stop bowing Jin Hye, you're going to break your back!" my mother said. Jin Hye gave a sheepish smile.

*Jin Hye's POV*
After we found Kyungsoo's mother and had our little conversation, we all sat next to each other. I was in the middle of the two of them. It sucks how Kyungsoo's dad worked till late at night, which is why he couldn't see us perform in real life. As for my parents, they travel around the world. They're seriously into traveling, ever since sixth grade. Since then, I barely see or talk to them. And when I do talk to them, we only use short phrases. But at least, Kyungsoo's mother recorded us at every single performance we've had this whole year, so Kyungsoo's father and my parents could see us. It's not as good as real life, but it's as best as we can get. Our school's band started to play. They played traditional music, which was amusing. I usually don't enjoy traditional music, but our band sounded good. Then, band performed "Grease," a musical from the 70's. I sure am going to treasure this day...