Battle 39: Showdown at the Po-Ké Corral

Start from the beginning

James: The poor little boss. He's taking it the hardest.

Jessie: His own father, Giovanni, was arrested.

James: It breaks my heart to see him in pain.

Meowth: True dat.

Levi: Grah! He shouts hitting the tree one last time. It was supposed to be me. I was supposed to lead Team Rocket! If I had just gotten that Mew. But that old man got taken out! And by that kid! He growled. His Pokémon watched concerned. The rest of you! We're going to make some changes! That means you better start pulling your weight.

Jessie: What's he saying?

James: I don't know. Team Rocket approaches their leader.

Jessie: The little boss must be...

James: Are you okay?

Levi: Ugh, more bad news. What do you three want?!

James: We were just, checking on you to see if you're alright.

Levi: I'm fine! He said in a huff. He turned his back on them and started walking off.

Jessie: Sir, is there anything we can do for you?

Levi: I'm going away for a bit. Until I get back, don't do anything stupid. My father may be gone, but you still take orders from me! Levi walks off.

Jessie: You just heard what the boss said, didn't you?

James: He just wants us to keep doing our job.

Meowth: Da head honcho just gave us a major vote of confidence. Team Rocket starts crying tears of joy.

James: Ah! I just realized something. With the boss gone, doesn't that mean the little boss is now our new boss!? Jessie and Meowth at this realization. And knowing him, he's planning on rebuilding Team Rocket from the ground up, so he trusts us to help!

Jessie: Ah, of course!

Meowth: Dat's our boss! Team Rocket's future is looking bright!

Jessie: There's no sense in crying over lost Pokémon!

James: We must renew our commitment to stealing! For the boss!

Meowth: Come on, everybody! Let's go on wit da show!

Back at Pallet Town, our heroes ring the doorbell to Professor Oak's lab.

Prof. Oak: Come in!

Ash: Professor Oak! It's me, Ash!

Niko: And me, too!

Prof. Oak: Oh, what a surprise! It's great to see...a Togepi?! Ash falls face first in disbelief while everyone else sweat drops.

Pikachu: Pikachu. (Embarrassing)

Eevee: Eevee. (Definitely)

Ash: Glad you like it. Prof. Oak leads the gang to his living room.

Prof. Oak: It just so happens that you two aren't the only Pokémon trainers to stop by today. Everyone notices that Gary is already in Prof. Oak's living room

Gary: Well, now, I'm not surprised you two showed up late, I'm surprised you two showed up at all.

Ash: Hey!
Niko: Good to see you too, Gary!

Prof. Oak: Alright, calm down, you two. Why can't Pallet's three top Pokémon trainers get along? The three of them were surprised to hear that.

Ash, Niko & Gary: Top trainers?!