ten

the next day was a relaxing one for alexandra

the next day was a relaxing one for alexandra. she sat out by the lake laying flat on her stomach on her colorful striped towel. her shades covered her brown eyes from the gazing sun as her body glistened from the sunscreen and body oil she had applied. her eyes were scanning across the words of the book she was reading, call me by your name.

she was currently the only one outside making her feel good. after her conversation with farleigh, she needed a second away from everyone. her and farleigh haven't talked all day. both of them have purposefully been ignoring each other which was hard on both sides.

these were two people who have grown up together. have been there for each other through a ton of tough times. both have seen each other at their best and worst moments. they were like brothers and sisters who love each other no matter what the circumstances are but alexandra didn't like the side of farleigh she was seeing.

he wasn't the same person that she grew up with. she understands that he is not going to be the same person from a few years ago but being a bully was something she absolutely did not stand for. a ton of people mistake her for being a mean girl due to her last name but alexandra is far from that. alexandra doesn't know what kind of family problems oliver has going on but she knows that they must be bad since oliver said he doesn't think he will never go back home

felix brought oliver here to have fun. to relax his mind, to distract him from his family problems. not to be practically bullied by farleigh. alexandra did noticed something about oliver. he didn't show any emotion when farleigh would mess with him or embarrass him. he was very calm like a deer.

she noticed that he has the characteristics of a deer; peaceful, quiet, and somewhat shy

after a couple of hours, alexandra made her way back into the house. she quickly stopped in her tracks noticing drops of blood on the floor. her eyes widened out of pure fear mixed with confusion as she followed the trail. it seemed to stop when she got into the kitchen where duncan was continuing the clean the blood up.

alexandra frowned leaning against the doorway with squinted eyes, "duncan is everything okay?" she asked him making him look up at her. it was completely silent throughout the house which scared her.

you could hear elsbeth and sir james chattering coming into the kitchen, "i don't know how this happened." elsbeth confessed. sir james and elsbeth noticed her standing in the doorway looking lost. "hello darling." she spoke

it was disturbing seeing them act as if there just wasn't blood on the floor but this is something normal at the catton estate. something crazy happens, they act normal and continue their day like nothing has happened. alexandra decided to finally speak up

"is everything okay?" she voiced out concerned. sir james spoke, "of course darling, now run along so duncan can clean this mess up." alexandra was not surprised by their responses but she nodded before quietly moving along.