three

may 2007, university of oxford

the next few months were a blast for oliver

the next few months were a blast for oliver. he had gotten a taste of the rich life and was loving every minute of it. he enjoyed spending time with his mate felix. he needed distractions from his personal family issues. even though they didn't hang out every single day, they were with each other every other day basically. felix was still felix. boinking through pretty much any pretty girl who would give him the time of the day. he still had the same charm and popularity that he had in the beginning of the first semester.

farleigh was still the same asshole. giving oliver a hard time and being mean to him. he had just given oliver a hard time about his tuxedo being rented and the sleeves being too big. oliver just ignored him. he refused to argue with someone as ignorant as him.

but the past few months had been boring without seeing alexandra. the beautiful doe eyed girl went back home the day after they hung out at the bar that one day. oliver hadn't been able to get her out of his mind since. she has been on his mind since they first met.

he didn't have the courage to ask her for her phone number. he didn't want to scare her off. that was one of the main things he liked about alexandra. she made him feel like he mattered despite not being from a rich family. she accepted him immediately when she met him and didn't judge him right off the bat. that was something oliver cherished.

"congratulations guys!!!!!" oliver heard someone yell. him and felix looked over to see alexandra standing in the distance. both boys looked at each other shocked to see her. felix immediately got off the bridge that they were sitting on.

they had sat there for a few hours after throwing oliver's dads rock into the water. it was a tradition in the catton family that felix decided to pass on to his dear friend ollie despite the rock not landing into the water

alexandra sprinted over to them and jumped into felix's arms causing his expensive cologne to hit her nose. he caught her and spun her around. he then put her down, "what are you doing here?!" he asked excitedly

"i just came to personally congratulate you guys plus farleigh!" she said making oliver mentally sigh. she quickly handed him the graduation balloons. oliver quickly got up and faced the two of them.

"congratulations ollie!!" she said also handing him some balloons. he was surprised to say the least but appreciated it, "it is good to see you again." he smiled faintly

"thank you for the balloons." oliver smiled. "yeah this is so sweet of you to do for us." felix mentioned. alex quickly chuckle, "no problem!"

there was a quick second of silence between the three. felix looked down at alexandra, "so oliver here has been a fucking champ dealing with school plus family problems. i mentioned him coming home with us for the summer."

alex quickly looked over at him. he seemed sad upon felix mentioning his family. "i'm sorry to hear that oliver. i hope everything is okay." she said sincerely. he looked at her and smiled without showing his teeth.

"thanks." alex quickly decided to change the subject, "you should go home with him. it will be a fun summer if you go!"

"i wouldn't want to intrude." oliver mumbled

alexandra shook her head, "mate i told you that you wouldn't be a bother. plus if you feel uncomfortable or don't want to stay you can go home. we won't take any offense." felix assured placing his hands on his shoulders. oliver looked up at felix with soft eyes. felix quickly kissed his forehead showing him some love.

oliver could feel his heart beating fast. felix then placed his arm on top of alex's head, "plus having an extra guest will be great."

"plus i'll be there." alexandra stated making felix gasp for air, "donatella said yes?" he asked happily. she quickly wrapped her arm around his waist and nodded.

"oh c'mon ollie, you have to come now." oliver quickly peaked over at alexander who was giving him the cutest puppy dog eyes.

oliver bit his lip, "i'll come." alex clapped her hands out of pure joy and felix quickly kissed his forehead again. "great, the more the merrier."

"is that my girl that i see?" oliver mentally rolled his eyes hearing that voice. alexandra quickly ran over to farleigh. they both jumped into each others arms and ended up falling onto the soft grass that was filled with multicolored confetti.

"confetti angels!!!" she yelled like a little kid. her and farleigh began to make them laughing at each other and enjoying the moment. felix smiled upon seeing the two of them have their fun. ollie on the other hand just stared at farleigh with ice cold eyes.

"is farleigh coming along too?" oliver asked referring to the catton estate. felix nodded while still keeping his eyes on alex.

"yeah." felix quickly answered practically distracted by the gorgeous girl. oliver mentally cursed but he wasn't surprised that farleigh was tagging along considering what felix told him about his upbringing and them being cousins. it made sense as to why felix tolerated farleigh

oliver had been quickly learning more about the catton's family history and most importantly felix. he was intrigued everytime felix had told him different things especially about himself.

"don't worry about farleigh. he'll eventually come around." felix shared in an assuring tone and as much as oliver appreciated it, he knew that just wasn't true

going into the new year with already over 1k reads on this book genuinely has me so happy and excited to continue this book. words cannot express how much i love every single one of YOU. thank you so much

i hope you all are enjoying your new year's eve!! please be safe and blessed and have fun!!❤️