apologizes to mom

Start from the beginning

Her eyebrow quirks as her dark eyes set on me, purse tangling from one of her hands.

I also recognize her from somewhere else. She's the lady from the parking lot, who I lowkey yelled at, oopsies. I smirk and then straighten up, because that situation is intimidating as fuck.

That's their mom.

Alexandra Ledger, the love of Myles Darden and mother of two. The two kids in question have never been in the eye of the public, their faces and identity hidden and protected, unrevealed.

"That's Carmen, Carmen, that's mom" Kian says as he walks past me to kiss his mother on the cheek and leaves the room.

Briefly flitting her eyes to her other son, a slow smile graces her dark red coloured lips, and she steps forward, one hand raising to delicately move a strand of her dark straight hair out of her face.

"Hello, Carmen. I'm Alexandra"

Quick, what do I do?

"Hi"

Really?

You're so pathetic, Carmen. Just go home at this point.

I love life, because Wren opens his fat mouth and saves me from speaking.

"Carmen is sick, and she couldn't go home, and we brought her home so she can rest. That's okay, right?"

"Absolutely okay, Tobes" Alexandra says and sighs deeply. "I'll go get changed, go eat kids"

"Kids" Wren scoffs and we all walk out of the room.

"I love saying that, I've always wanted to. You know, to play parent and shit"

What is life? I'm at Alexandra Ledger and Myles Darden's home and I'm experiencing her cursing, so free and casual with her kids.

"To play parent, mom? What's going on?" Wren asks as his mom is halfway up the flight of stairs and we're turning into kitchen

Her chuckle is heard as she's out of sight up the stairs and we arrive at the kitchen counter where Kian is taking out the containers of food from the brown paper bag.

We sit down, Wren hands me the silverware and we begin eating.

A thought strucks to me- if there is Alex, then there's got to be Myles somewhere, right? Celebrity meeting, yay.

I keep my face straight, enjoying the still warm food.

"So," I start, "is your father joining us for dinner?"

Kian spits out his water he was drinking and coughs, trying not to laugh. Wren just smirks, sitting beside me, looking down at his food.

"Fan?" he asks.

I mean, I never said I wasn't. It's not like The Sun was on my top 5 most listened artist this year...

I shrug, shoveling a forkful of noodles into my mouth. I watch as Kian ignores the question after that, focusing back on his plate of food.

Wren clears his throat, "Not today. Besides," he smirks suddenly, "already want to meet the whole fam and shit?"

I shake my head amused.

The food is good, but I feel full too soon and my appetite changes. I just want to lay down and avoid my sickness, just sleep it off like I always do.

I wait until they finish eating, not wanting to walk away and walk around like a headless chicken. Going back to the bedroom seems strange also.

So, I wait until Wren is done eating, I tell him I want to go back to sleep, and he walks me there, bringing me medicine like he's my mother or sum shit. I swallow the bitter syrup he extends me on a big spoon, letting him tend me.