15

Magix | Mystical Arts Theatre

❀⊱─── ·**✿❁✿**· ───⊰❀

Flora settled into her designated seat, taking in the ambiance around her. The orchestra began to tune their instruments, filling the theater with a symphony of anticipation. She stole a glance at Musa, who sat poised with her instrument, ready to accompany the performance.

As the curtains parted, revealing the whimsical set design, Flora couldn't help but smile at the colorful spectacle unfolding before her. The chatter of the audience faded into a hush as the conductor raised his baton, signaling the start of the performance. The orchestra swelled, filling the room with a melody that set the stage for the play to come.

The stage quickly came to life as the actors danced and sang, their voices harmonizing with the melodious strains of the orchestra. 

In the midst of the performance, Flora noticed Musa's attention was drawn to a figure striding onto the stage. She blinked in disbelief, her eyes widening as she recognized the face of someone she never expected to see in such a setting.

Musa stifled a laugh as Riven performed on stage, his theatrical gestures bordering on the absurd. It was a far cry from the brooding, serious demeanor she remembered him for. Yet, there was a certain charm to his dedicated performance, especially when juxtaposed against the earnestness of the young actors sharing the stage with him.

The play unfolded with all the tropes and clichés of a children's fantasy adventure, complete with heroic knights, damsels in distress, and of course, the dastardly villain plotting nefarious deeds. Despite the cheesy dialogue and over-the-top performances, the children in the audience were utterly captivated, their eyes wide with wonder.

As the climax of the play approached, the hero finally confronted the villain in a dramatic showdown. With a flourish of swords and a burst of pyrotechnics, the villain was defeated, much to the delight of the cheering audience.

Flora joined in the applause, her heart filled with warmth at the sight of the children's joy. Despite the silliness of it all, she found herself caught up in the magic of the moment.

Flora beamed as she handed Musa a vibrant bouquet of flowers, the petals glistening under the soft glow of the theater lights. "Congratulations, You were absolutely wonderful up there," she exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with pride.

Musa accepted the bouquet with a grateful smile, her cheeks flushed with the exhilaration of her first performance. "Thanks. It definitely wasn't what I had in mind for my first performance at Alfea, but it was kind of fun," she admitted, her voice tinged with amusement.

Flora chuckled softly, nodding in agreement. "It seems like you're not the only one who didn't anticipate performing today," she remarked, inclining her head towards Riven, who was now surrounded by a throng of enthusiastic children.

Together, they observed as Riven awkwardly navigated the sea of pint-sized fans, his demeanor a curious blend of bemusement and uncertainty. The children, undeterred by his imposing appearance, bombarded him with questions and compliments, their eyes alight with wonder.

"They seem to think his tattoos are pretty cool," Flora observed with a grin, watching as the children eagerly pointed out the intricate designs adorning Riven's arms.

Musa chuckled softly, her gaze lingering on Riven as he tentatively engaged with his newfound admirers. "Well, I never thought I'd see the day when Riven would be at a loss for words, let alone from a group of children. He's just full of surprises today," she remarked, a hint of amusement in her tone.