9

Magix | Black Lagoon

⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂⠁⠁⠂⠄⠄⠂ ⠂⠄⠄

"I'm sorry to throw you in the middle of this rush. I didn't expect to be short-staffed today." Ace appeared apologetic as he read his list. 

Musa waved it off with a grin.  "No problem, I'm a quick learner. I'm ready to help wherever I'm needed." 

Ace nodded appreciatively, gesturing towards another server. "Today, you'll be shadowing Riven. He's experienced and pretty popular with the customers. You'll pick up the ropes quickly."

Following Ace's directions, Musa found Riven in the midst of charming a middle-aged customer. The woman chuckled, nodding in agreement with whatever Riven was saying. "You're quite the catch, young man. So handsome and polite. Are you single? You'd make a good match for my daughter."

Riven flashed a charismatic smile, acknowledging the compliment with a gracious nod. Musa patiently waited for the conversation to wind down, hoping to introduce herself.

As the customer finally left, Musa took a step forward. "Hi, I'm Musa. I'll be shadowing you today. I'm looking forward to work—" 

Riven, however, cut her off abruptly, his demeanor taking a sharp turn. "Save the introductions. I don't have time for useless talk."

Musa was taken aback by his abrupt tone but composed herself.  "Uh, okay. I was just trying to be nice". She explained, following behind the busy body. 

Riven, focused on his next task, gave her a quick rundown of how things operated. "Look, just follow my instructions, make yourself useful, and stay out of the way. Got it?"

Musa, suppressing her annoyance, reluctantly nodded. "Got it. I'll just do what you tell me to do. What should I do first?"

Riven tossed her a towel. "Here's your chance to shine. Go clean up that table over there." He explained,  gesturing towards a large party that had just left, leaving a chaotic mess behind.

Musa gritted her teeth, determined to get the hang of her responsibilities, she fumbled with the cleaning supplies, trying to figure out where everything belonged. Riven's various instructions during the rush seemed like a rapid-fire of commands, leaving Musa struggling to keep up.

After a while, Riven appeared, checking on her progress. He scrutinized the table, pointing out every flaw. "You're missing spots here and here. You need to wipe in circular motions to ensure you get every inch clean."

Musa bit her lip, feeling a twinge of frustration, but held back any immediate response. She nodded, attempting to correct her technique as per Riven's instructions. However, he remained dissatisfied, his frustration growing evident.

"Look at those streaks, have you never been taught how to clean before?" Riven took a cloth and swiftly demonstrated his approach, showing Musa the supposed correct way to clean a table. 

"See? That isn't so hard." He commented, wiping the corner.

Musa, suppressing her annoyance, nodded, acknowledging his demonstration.

"Go stock the utensils. That should be simple enough for you." Riven gestured to the back.

Musa rolled her eyes, and went towards the back to prep the utensils. Eventually she found herself juggling multiple tasks: cleaning tables, balancing plates, and trying to keep up with Riven's rapid pace. The atmosphere was tense, and the occasional condescending remark from Riven didn't make things any easier for Musa.

She was in the midst of searching a shelf for a particular item, inadvertently placing herself in Riven's path. "Half-pint, you're in the way." 

Musa, feeling a twinge of frustration, clenched her jaw but tried to remain composed.

Welcome to Magix [Winx Club Rewrite]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें