6

Red Fountain - Vanguard | 2nd-Year Dormitory 

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢

Sunlight streamed through the window, casting a warm glow on Timmy's face as he stirred awake. He instinctively turned off the vibration of his watch, indicating it was time to get dressed. He reached for his glasses that rested on his bedside table and promptly put them on. 

Timmy went through his normal checklist of his morning routine, ending with him getting dressed in the clothes that were labeled for the first day of school. As he was adjusting his collar, he caught a glimpse of Brandon in the mirror's reflection. He was still sound asleep, oblivious to the rising sun.

Despite Brandon's late start, Timmy couldn't afford to be late. He grabbed a granola bar for a quick breakfast, leaving a note for Brandon, and headed out the door. The familiar slow bustle of Red Fountain's campus greeted him as he stepped outside.

Anticipation built as he approached the first class. Timmy couldn't suppress a smile, relishing in his dream that had now started to become a reality. He entered the building, determined to maintain their punctuality.

The first classroom appeared around the corner, and Timmy was pleased to find that he had arrived early. However, his enthusiasm was dampened a little when he noticed someone already present, seated in the back, engrossed in a book. The person had a mysterious and somewhat intimidating appearance, with dark clothing and piercing eyes.

Intrigued yet apprehensive, Timmy decided to  offer a friendly greeting. "Good morning, ready for the first day?" he asked, trying to hide his slight unease.

The classmate looked up, their expression unwelcoming. "Save the small talk. I'm not here to make friends." He warned, a cold edge to his words.

Puzzled and slightly unnerved, Timmy retreated, choosing a seat at a safe distance. He pulled out a book of his own to fill the awkward and tense silence that now occupied the room. Fortunately, it didn't take long for other students to begin arriving as well. 

"Hey Timmy, can't believe we got class together." Mikos greeted, taking the open seat next to him.

Timmy turned his attention towards Mikos with a smile. "This was the only time I could fit on my schedule."

Mikos relaxed into his chair, resting his arm over the back. "How's the new roommate?"

"He's the exact opposite of me, but I don't believe we will have an issues." Timmy assessed.

Mikos laughed. "That's good to hear. Luck might just be on your side."

Their attention was drawn to the front of the room after the noticeable volume decrease. The professor's arrival seemed to have demanded it.

"Good morning, everyone." She began, a warm smile on her face. "I'm Professor Alanis, and I'll be teaching principles of automotive design and innovation this year. This class will serve as the foundation for your specialty program, so be prepared for a semester filled with creativity, challenges, and, hopefully, a few 'aha' moments."

She scanned the room, her eyes lingering on each student. "I've had the pleasure of reviewing each of your profiles, and I'm always delighted to see students from Vanguard taking an interest in engineering. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of you throughout this semester." 

Clearing her throat, she steered the conversation towards the main topic. "But that's enough with my ramblings, let's dive right in. Who can tell me what automotive design is?"

A student eagerly raised his hand. Alanis acknowledged him with a nod and a warm smile.

"Mikos, what's your take on it?" She inquired.