11

Red Fountain - Vanguard | Training Arena

❢◥ ▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬ ◤❢

The gym echoed with the rhythmic sounds of weights clanging and the instructor's commanding voice as Timmy struggled to keep up with the intense workout. Sweat dripped down his face as he pushed himself through each exercise, determined to prove himself in Vanguard's demanding training program.

As Timmy made his way to the weights, Bishop interjected with a mocking tone, "Hey, Timmy, you should leave those weights to those who can actually handle it. Maybe try the lighter ones in the corner?"

Not wanting to escalate the situation, Timmy conceded and let go of the weights with a shrug. "Sure, go ahead. I'll find something more suitable."

Redirecting his attention from the stifled laughs around him, Timmy decided to focus on another exercise. He honed in on tuning the others out as background noise, but a persistent voice managed to break his concentration. "You know, not everyone is cut out for this kind of training. Some people are just better suited for simpler things, like having your head stuck in some books or playing with gadgets."

Timmy gritted his teeth, trying to tune out the provocation, but Bishop wasn't done. "I'll give you some advice, you're an eyesore. This isn't your world."

After enduring enough, Timmy shot back with a touch of sarcasm, "Well, I'm glad my world includes the ability to read. It comes in handy, you know." The retort earned a few chuckles from those within earshot.

Bishop took a step forward, prepared to confront Timmy, but the instructor's booming voice cut through the air, announcing the next part of the session. "Alright, partner up! Find someone to pair up with for the next set of drills."

However, Bishop, still simmering with resentment, couldn't resist the urge to make a final jab. "Look at you, sweating all over the equipment. Apologize for ruining the gym for the rest of us."

Timmy, determined to avoid further conflict, wiped his brow and offered an apology, "I'm sorry, I'll clean it after I'm done."

Finally, Bishop's attention shifted elsewhere, leaving Timmy momentarily relieved. However, as Timmy scanned the room for a partner, he noticed a conspicuous avoidance from his classmates.  Feeling a sigh escape him, he decided to take a moment to clean off the equipment, hoping to divert his focus from the subtle rejection.

Riven, standing at a distance, observed the situation unfold. Bishop, having failed to find another partner himself, approached him with a casual air. "Hey, Riven, wanna be my partner?"

Riven, uninterested, brushed him off with a dismissive wave. Instead, he approached Timmy, who was still looking around for a partner, and commented, "You look lost, like a puppy without a home. Partner up with me, unless you want to keep wandering."

Timmy, surprised by the unexpected gesture, hesitated for a moment before nodding gratefully. 

Riven eyed Timmy as they stood on the training grounds. "You're starting on the offensive." He declared, taking a step back and assuming a defensive stance.

Timmy nodded, adopting an offensive posture, ready to follow Riven's lead. As Riven guided him through the drills, he couldn't help but be internally surprised by Timmy's noticeable improvements. However, he chose to keep his observations to himself, focusing instead on pointing out the mistakes Timmy made.

"Your footwork is off, and you're leaving your left side vulnerable. Fix it," Riven instructed, his tone firm but not unkind. Timmy took the critiques seriously, adjusting his stance and movements accordingly.