Why does he always come back? (MAXX)

¨Oh..¨ I stood there shocked.

¨Oh... I am sorry..¨ Damien stepped back, scratching his head.

¨No, no. It's okay!¨ I hold his arm, pulling him closer.

¨I love you too. I am just shocked.¨ I smiled, kissing him.

¨Ah.. Okay then.¨ He said awkwardly.

¨Hm.¨ I stepped away from him.

¨I am going to just go get a drink if you wanna come.¨ I smiled, as I walked over to the stand where food and drinks had been placed for guests.

Damien never followed me. He kinda stayed with his friends as he stared at me.

¨Ahem. Excuse me, gentlemen.¨ Some dude touched my waste.

¨Please don't touch me like that.¨ I smiled awkwardly.

¨Oh. Someone is playing hard to get.¨ They replied, kissing my neck.

¨I SAID DON'T FUCKING TOUCH ME.¨ I yelled, throwing my drink at him.

Damien just stared unfazed at the situation. I stared at him and threw my hands up before I walked out.

¨Seriously?¨ Damien walked out.

¨You threw that shit on my friend, man.¨ Damien sighed, tapping him.

¨I DIDN'T KNOW THAT! MAYBE HE SHOULD KEEP HIS STUPID FUCKING HANDS TO HIMSELF!¨ I demanded.

¨Don't be such a dick.¨ Damiens friend said.

¨I am not trying to.¨ I looked back down at my drink.

I stood up and walked out of the school where the dance had been held.

¨Maxx. Wait.¨ Damien asked, running after me.

¨Why should I wait? You completely changed after u started hanging out with these dudes?! I don't need you anymore.¨ I stared at him.

I wish I could take that back.

¨You don't need me anymore?¨ He asked.

¨Wait. Damien! I didn't...¨ I hesitated.

He smashed his drink on the ground as he rushed inside.

¨Mean that..¨ I finished.

I just stared at the door as tears embedded in my eyes. I looked down as I began crying.

¨What have I fucking done.¨ I sighed.

I sat there before Damien and his ¨Gang¨ walked out.

¨Look at the fucking loser.¨ Jake smiled.

I scratched my head and stood up.

Before I could even look up, a fist swung into my face.

¨What the fuck?¨ I asked, looking up to see Damien's friend Mark.

Damien stood there doing nothing. I turned and started running as they followed behind me. It was dark out so they couldn't see me all that well, but I could still hear them.

I eventually outran them, but I was too scared to go to school tomorrow. I turned down my street and started walking to catch my breath before I heard something behind me.

¨Maxx.¨ They said.

I turned to see Zach there, with his friends behind him. Zach had a bat in his hand and Damien stood there, leaning on the lamp-post, guilty looking.

¨What?¨ I asked.

¨Whats your problem?¨ Zach asked.

¨Damien.¨ I smiled.

I turned and walked more, but they still followed me.

¨What are you doing? Creeps.¨ I asked.

¨Following you home.¨ Miles smiled.

¨Leave me alone, seriously.¨ I ask.

I look at Damien who nods.

¨Leave him alone. Finish your shit another time.¨ Damien stares at them.

¨Whatever.¨ Zach rolled his eyes.

Damien walked off, as they pretended to go in different directions.

Zach turned around once he saw that Damien left. I had been walking home before I got thrown to the ground.

¨What the fuck!¨ I yelled.

¨Shut the fuck up before we make this hurt more than it needs to.¨ Miles smiled, as he hit me in the side of the face with Zach's bat.

¨Do what you have to do then.¨ I sighed, lying down.

¨Good.¨ Zach smiled.

Zach and Miles started kicking me as Zach sat on me, punching my face continuously as my skull bashed into the cement. I covered my head as they started hitting me with the bat in the rib cage. My face was swollen and bloody as Zach pulled out his knife.

¨Wow, wow! Way too far Zach.. Please don't kill me?!¨ I begged him, as I stumbled moving backward.

¨I won't kill you. But I am going to cut you. Stop moving.¨ He jumped onto me.

¨GET OFF ME!¨ I screamed.

¨No.¨ He smiled, grabbing my jaw and pressing the knife into my cheek.

¨Move and this might not end well.¨ He continued, pushing into my skin.

I squeezed my eyes as he pierced my cheek open, bleeding on his hand he smirked.

¨Do you like this or something?!¨ I asked.

¨Uh? No?¨ He said uncomfortably.

¨Sure.¨ I replied.

My arms and legs felt numb after they left. My face was completely red like blood and my clothes were torn from the blade.

I got up limping as I walked closer to my house.

¨MAXX?!¨ Someone behind me said in horror.