He's just a friend? (Damien)

TW: Talking about suicide, Swearing, Suicide, self-harm, and abuse in the following story.

Maxx looked so peaceful as he slept. It was calming. Is it bad I thought he was kind of cute? I mean. Look at him. Strong, Asian, Black hair, Wolf cut, Kind, Caring, Clumsy. Do you have to like someone like that?

"Cute." I smiled accidentally saying out loud.

I looked to see if he heard it. Thankfully not. I moved him onto the bed, as I looked at him.

"You'll be okay," I whispered.

I quietly closed the door and headed to the elevator down the hall. I pressed the button and looked to see Maxx rubbing his eyes and following me, reaching out before he collapsed into my chest.

I caught him and picked him up.

"You were asleep for an hour, let's go back to bed. Okay. I will be right back." I smiled walking him back.

"Hmph." I heard him pout.

"So fucking mean." He fell fast first into the pillow.

I laughed. I helped him lay down before I closed the door once again, hoping he wouldn't follow me back down to the elevator.

I walked back towards the elevator smiling before hitting the button. The elevator opened and I stepped in. I pressed 3 so I could go get food for him seeing as I was a patient.

If you are wondering why I am here. I tried to commit suicide.

"Okay, he never followed me." I sighed.

I walked down the hallway and through the corridors. I grabbed some French Toast and Eggs before heading back. I grabbed Water too.

"He should like this." I smiled.

I grabbed a bottle of Syrup from the counter and Peanut butter just in case before I headed back up 30 minutes later after my breakfast.

"Hey." I opened the door slowly to him staring at a wall.

Hm. Brain injury.

"Ah, walls. Interesting, eh?" I teased.

I tapped him on the shoulder as he stopped zoning out.

"Oh, hey Damien." He smiled.

"I have food for you." I smiled handing it to him.

"I need a fork." He said angrily.

"Alright, I opened the door to leave.

"Wait." He stopped me, by grabbing my sleeve.

"Uh." He started.

"Go on?" I asked.

"Nevermind. There are forks here, don't worry. I have one." He coughed.

"Are you okay?" I grabbed his waist to hold him up.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry." He shooed me away and sat down.

"Maybe I got sick or something." He interjected.

"Maybe, I can get you some medicine if you want." I smiled, handing him the water.

"I will be back in a second," I said rushing out.

I ran down the hall and into the doctor's office. I stole some Advil and Gravole, and ran back into the room, slamming the door behind me, making Maxx jump.

"You're okay, I have your medicine." I handed it to him.

"Thank you, love." He replied.

Love..? What?