Red, White, and Royal Blue. Our first. I love you. (Damien)

The prom was today and I had forgotten to ask Maxx to the dance. I quickly got my tie and suit and rushed out the door. I ran down to the store and grabbed flowers.

"Oh, hey." The man said.

"Hello. How are you?" I asked.

"Good, you?" He smiled.

"Good, can I get some velvet roses?" I asked.

"Of course." He smiled handing them to me.

I quickly thanked him pain the $20 and left.

I rushed to the school where Maxx was hanging out with some dude.

"Hey, uh. Maxx? I asked. Can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked.

"Sure?" He smiled.

"Alone." I looked at the guy.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Kai. Anyway, what did you wanna tell me, love?" He asked.

"Wanna come to Prom with me?" I asked, scared. Handing him the flowers.

His jaw dropped and his eyes got all teary.

"Sure! I am ready so let's just go inside." He smiled.

"Lovely, will do." I held his hand as I brought him inside.

We walked over to the corner, where Maxx set the flowers down. And started dancing like total idiots. But Maxx was cute when he danced. I probably will never forgive myself for telling him to "SHUT THE FUCK UP" it wasn't right, and I fucking regret it.

Maxx now that I am here. Don't count on being hurt.

"You're cute when dancing." He smiled.

"You're cuter." I smiled.

The song "Party In The USA" came on. The whole gym was singing. Me and Maxx looked at one another as smiled.

"No more toxicness okay?" He asked.

"I promise," I swore.

"Anyway. SO I PUT MY HANDS UP, THEY ARE PLAYING MY SONG, THE BUTTERFLIES FLY AWAY." I bumped into Maxx singing aggressively and weirdly.

Maxx started twerking as a joke.

"MOVIN MY HIPS LIKE YEAH, MOVING MY HEAD LIKE YEAH." He sang back to me.

I smiled and so did he, we both chuckled and kept on singing.

A slow dance came on, and I looked around as everyone found their partners.

"Ahem. Will you?" I asked, giving him my hand.

He smiled and set his hand in mine. I pulled him closely as Kai watched happily from afar.

"I see Kai!" Maxx smiled.

I was expecting him to run off to Kai, but he just stayed and slowly danced with me.

I moved closer to him and smiled. I leaned closer and kissed him.

"I love you," I said for the first time.

"I lied when I said I never liked you." I continued.

"I wanna apologize for telling you to "SHUT THE FUCK UP." It was not right at all. And.. Uhm. I..¨ I studdered.

¨It is okay. Go on?¨ Maxx's smile was so calming, I just stared him into the eyes, and kissed him.

He was shocked but kissed me back. My heart became sunken, and I became so nervous it hurt. I stepped back as I held his waste.

¨I love you.¨ I said.