Eighty-Six

Thank you to those who comment and vote. They make my little writer's heart so happy and I appreciate you!

And please accept my deepest apology for the chapter delay. My brain told me I scheduled the update and a nap that turned into sleep did the rest. 

X.O. - Vance

I'm halfway dressed when the first shot of piercing pain rifles through me.

It's deep enough to send me to my knees at the bottom of Lewis' bed. My vision blurs as the colors of my system bleed crimson. A breath squeezes through my lungs, but it costs me.

Whimpering, I sink a hand into his tousled sheets and wait for it to pass. Dull and heavy, like the ping of a sledgehammer, a blanket of sadness unfurls. Tears pool in the corners of my eyes, but I don't let them fall.

Last night and this morning, Lewis exceeded my wildest dreams.

When I woke up to him shrugging on a pair of black sweats and a tank top, I begged him to come back to bed. Those stolen hours of fun would stay with me. Always.

And the mirror...

We hadn't made much use of it last night, but there's something infinitely seductive about watching someone touch you, fuck love and love you. He likes it best when I ride him. His fingers splayed across my body, ghosting my curves and those dark eyes of his holding mine captive.

They sank into my hips, keeping a leash on my spend. His thrusts met me in the middle, rising as I lowered myself to the hilt. It had been too long since I was filled to the brink.

It was slow and fulfilling. By the time we finished, I could barely walk. My legs knocked together like those of a fawn. Still, when I stand, it takes effort.

Stupidly, I'd forgotten about the MindLink.

Honestly, I was lucky to not Uplink. Lewis kept me at the razor's end, threatening to fall over the precipice. The pinch in the back of my mind, whirling tighter and tighter as my orgasm built, grew with unrelenting strength before spinning out a million directions.

In the love bubble, it is easy to pretend life is simple and I am a free agent. I consider myself to be, but it's clear the others don't feel the same. They want the things we discussed.

I left them. Twice. And yet, the possessiveness twisting along the sadness invading my senses is unmistakable.

Do Chris' promises hold true? Does Michael miss me like I miss him? And Charlie... is the pain buried at the base of this tidal wave of emotion his?

I'm sure the others know by now. Despite the arresting pain in my body, a smirk pulls at my mouth. I hope Chris and Michael gave him hell.

I couldn't. Not when my soul was cracking down the center. And now, all I want to do is forget my last name is Hawthorne, hide in plain sight from my adoptive dad, and pretend my future isn't bleak.

It's not all bad.

Lewis is a bright spot amongst the encroaching darkness. Zhyv is too. When she's not meddling in my business.

And my research... my hope for the future...

Knowing I'm nowhere near done is what gets me to my feet. I'm unsteady, swaying to and fro, gripping Lewis' bed to remain upright. The longer I keep moving, the faster the pressure recedes to the back of my mind.

By the time I make it home, my legs are trembling and my back hurts. Whatever dick-magic Lewis wields, it's powerful and suffocating. Unfortunately, I can't go straight to a hot bath and my bed.