Fifteen

I've never seen Levi so incensed.

His cheeks burned an angry red, and his bright green eyes were, too. Back and forth he paces, travelling half the length of the room and back again. Each thud of his footsteps rattled through me, sending a shockwave across my senses.

What had I been thinking? Why would I risk everything for a simple kiss? Catrina would be livid when she found out about this. And Ryker... he'd probably send Gatlin packing if he didn't put a bullet in his brain first.

"What the fuck did I just see?"

Chris cut in smoothly, his voice firm but polite. "We were having a private moment."

"A private moment?" Levi laughed. "I'd certainly agree. Your lips were all over Blue."

"No, they weren't."

"Yes, they were. Don't lie, Chris. I know what I saw."

Gatlin moved closer to Levi, straightening his spine as they stood toe-to-toe. Levi wasn't so easily intimidated. He relaxed his shoulders when his arms crossed, fixing a fierce glare on his face.

"You saw nothing, Fernandez." Chris shook his head. "We were sparring and you think you saw something you didn't actually see."

"Oh, really?" Finally, Levi turned to me. His emerald eyes were frosted with so much fury I flinch, hiding my gaze away from his. "Are you keeping the same story, Blue? Pretending he wasn't fondling you and sticking his tongue down your throat?"

Snapping my eyes to his, I hissed out a response, "he wasn't fondling me and his tongue wasn't down my throat."

"No, it wasn't, but I'm sure it won't be long before it's up your cunt like Catrina's." My heart stopped. Levi had never spoken to me like this—never. "I confess how I feel about you months ago and I don't get the time of day, but you let your entire security team pass you around?"

Shame fills me to the brim. Tears leak down my cheeks as my throat tightens. Why is he saying these things?

An accusation builds in Gatlin's gaze, but his mouth firmly remains shut. Sure, Levi did confess his feelings for me several months ago. We both knew and understood nothing could ever come of them, or I did. I didn't see him in the light he wished and nothing he did would ever change it.

"Did the young one get some, too? Huh, Blue? You let him in your mouth and pussy before he died?" He closes the distance between us, glaring down at me with unadulterated hatred. His words leave a bad taste in my mouth. "He get to fuck your holes, too, like the little horny bitch you are, while I'm the odd man out?"

A stiff crack echoes through the room as I slap him across the face so hard his head turns. He jerks back, winded and appalled, grabbing at his bruised cheek. His face twists and his mouth gapes open, readying to throw another insult, but I don't let him get it out. Instead, I raise my other hand and slap his head in the other direction, too.

"Fuck you, Fernandez. I'm not being passed around by anyone. And even if I were, your feelings don't mean I'm required to let you fuck me. Your feelings are exactly that—yours—and who I choose to kiss, hug, fuck or otherwise is none of your business!"

I don't wait for him to fumble a response. On clumsy feet, I power out of the sparring room and toward my private suite. Footsteps thud behind me, quick and determined—without a thought, I know who they belong to.

Driven to stay several steps ahead, I speed up, nearly sprinting down the hall to my doors. I can't break down out here. I can't show weakness, not after what he said.