Two

Dressed to kill in a pair of navy slacks, a starched white dress shirt and shiny black dress shoes, Leviathan Fernandez is a sight to behold. The Cuban national wore a scowl only brought forward by the dying rays of the sun aiming directly at his face. Casually, he lifts his right arm, exposing his rolled up sleeves, to block the light as we roll to a stop near him.

"Well, well, well," he smiled, wide and teasing, "look who made it back to the bird's nest safe and sound."

"Haha..." I roll my eyes at him as he opens my door and offers his hand to help me out. His callused palms are warm and hard against mine. "Everything going okay?"

He nods, spearing me with bright green eyes. "Quiet on all sides. Not a peep."

Levi escorts me inside with Catrina at my back. He towers over me, casting a dark shadow on the wall opposite of us. Men and women fawned over him no matter where he went.

Incredibly tall, broad-shouldered with sun-kissed caramel skin, Levi checked the extremely attractive box for most of the female, and some of the male, population. He spiked his brown hair, smiled with bright, straight white teeth and used his glittering green eyes to his advantage, but he was sharp as a tack and as dangerous as a Cobra.

As a young soldier, he climbed the ranks of the military quickly, despite not speaking a word of English. After teaching himself English, he learned two more languages before taking a coveted spot on an elite Special Forces team. He left the military a few years ago and hadn't lost a single pound of muscle. Like hardened steel, it rippled in his arms, legs, and stomach every time he moved.

From the moment we met, his intelligence and brutality left me with whiplash. He's a force to be reckoned with. Intelligent, striking, and brutal, all of these describe Levi in his most basic form, but he can show compassion, kindness and has limitless patience. A dangerous combination in any person.

Rarely is he not at my side, and when he's not at my side, he exercises control over my lab in my absence. He's the expert I didn't know I needed. Providing insight into the world of war and death.

But, for now, I'm happy to be home. Once I've left the nest for a while, a new appreciation for the safety I have here always bubbles up.

Oleum Hold is my second favorite place in the world.

With most of it underground, Oleum Park is more a BatCave than anything else. What isn't lit with ultra bright LED lights falls under the complete control of darkness, partially held back by a multitude of multi-color lights running along the seams of the floor, but they provide little relief—only a pathway to the next flood of light. After my surgery, hopefully, I'll be able to see clearly in the darkest of places.

We stand in a massive rectangular corridor that cuts directly through the entire complex. Fitted with 25 foot tall steel and concrete flood doors, and biometric cameras every ten feet, my advanced AI, Iris, scours every inch of the complex for intruders. Blue lights bleed from an abstract design on the ceiling and at the cracks and crevices lining the ground.

Only about two dozen people live and work here. They take turns, alternating eight day long stays where they work tirelessly to change the world. This location, like most of their work, is proprietary and they're required to sign extensive NDAs and undergo constant background checks.

Many would claim our antics are invasive and take away their privacy, but we don't pry into private matters unless they have the potential to place the company at risk. To mitigate risk, we pay our staff handsomely, offer the best benefits on the planet, and even pay off student loan balances.

It's worth it. They're worth it. At every turn, we innovate faster and better than anyone else.

This compound is a testament to it.