Chapter Nine

𝕾𝖆𝖑𝖛𝖆𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖊

      "And then she said something about me not being good enough for her, but I know that game females play, you know? Hard to get, it's their way of finding a man who will worship-" 

We were walking down a little cobblestone street, not one that is usually taken but it's where we needed to be. I took a drag of my cigarette and zoned out of my best mates', Matteos latest story on his latest fuck. 

He has this self he gives to the outside world that he's a fuck boy who doesn't ever want to settle down, but I've known him long enough to know he's a fucking liar. He's a hopeless romantic at heart. 

Me, on the other hand, couldn't care less for having a woman in my life. Although, at some point I am going to have no choice but to create an heir. I've never had feelings for anyone, and I don't plan on it. At this point, it wouldn't be hard to believe I am uncapable. 

I heard noise from a little restaurant ahead of me, our destination. People were outside laughing and drinking vino. I glanced ahead once again, nodding at Matteos story as if I'm actually listening to this one. We've got to meet with a few 'business partners'. I flatter them by giving them that title. Really, they're beneath me. 

I hear a man's loud voice coming from inside. I take another drag and take a glance. He's trying to get someone's attention who's walking out. "Wait, I heard you say you're looking for a job." 

I looked at the person- the woman who almost reached the door and I stopped. 

Who

is 

she?

Her hair was naturally styled, waves running past her shoulders, to her soft breast, falling loosely down the small of her back. Olive skin, wine-stained lips, thick eyelashes. Wide hips, perfect skin, I could go on. 

I take another drag and stare at her through the windows. I am a hawk waiting for a little snack to come out of its den so I can dig my talons deep into her flesh. 

"Hey, boss. You ready?" 

She turned towards the man, who gave her a friendly smile and a shake of the hand. I finally tore my gaze away from her backside and looked at my best mate.

I throw the cigarette on the ground. "Let's go." I am itching to be near this woman. 

"Okay." 

We walk into the little joint and I look around, not spotting my little snack. She must be out back now, tying an apron around that pretty little waist. We take our seats in a secluded corner and Matteo waited for the men to walk in while I waited for her to come back out. 

                                                                  _               _              _

𝔙𝔞𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔦𝔞

"I am so sorry about her; Angela is going through a- a rough patch right now." The owner, Alfeo told me. Unlike her, his presence was up lifting, and he felt safe. He must be a father. 

"Don't worry about it, I won't." I gave him a little reassuring smile while putting on a shirt he handed me with the name of the restaurant on it. 

"My boy, Eli is out temporarily so we have been a little behind. A little help would be nice and if you're as promising as you say, we would be glad to keep you." 

I nodded, knowing the 'we' is just him trying to be nice. When he stopped me from walking out the door and offered to take me out back, she slammed her pen down and went out for an early break. 

"Your Italian was pretty impressive. That will come in handy working here. A lot of my costumers only have a native tongue." 

"I'll try my best not to disappoint." 

"The fact you chose to try working at a restaurant, I'm guessing you can cook?" 

"I can, yes. I don't have any work experience because of a few circumstances but I do have experience in general. Cooking is my passion."

He smiled warmly and hands me a little notebook and pen. "Today, just wait on the tables and tomorrow morning you can come, and I will introduce you to the kitchen."

I smiled, a genuine smile. "Thank you so much. I really appreciate it." 

I walk out and observe my surroundings, trying to catch if anyone new came in so I could make myself useful. I didn't see anyone, but I felt eyes burning into me. I looked around at the crowded tables, everyone was already attended to, in their own little worlds. Maybe I'm imagining it, first job nerves.  

I turn around to grab a menu for myself, to accustom myself to the options but catching a glimpse of the empty side of the room, I see two men sitting in the corner, one looking at the door but the other had eyes bearing into me. 

I freeze for a second, one because of how intensely he's looking at me, two, he is the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. His brown eyes still haven't left me, usually when I catch a person staring, they look away embarrassed. This man seems to be feeding off the feeling of me being aware. He wore black dress paints with a black button up shirt, the top two buttons undone, showing his chest. His hair was slicked back, 

I grab the menu and make my way over to him. 

𝔖𝔞𝔩𝔳𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢

I want to claim her. Her eyes landed on me, and we stare each other down for a moment before her delicate fingers grab a menu and she makes her way over to us. 

"I am so sorry sir; I did not see you guys over here. Would you like a menu?" 

God, what have you just sent me? Her voice is like honey dripping from an angel's mouth. I feel my cock strain in my pants, and I fight the urge to groan. 

"A bottle. Whiskey." I looked at her up and down. I don't care to be discreet, I own Italy and everyone here, whether they are aware or not. The blush that creeps up on her cheeks give her away; my divinity is an innocent little thing. 

Which just makes me want to taint her pretty little soul. 

"One bottle coming right up." She smiled at me and turned to walk away, her hips swinging perfectly with every step. Her scent lingered in the air even moments after she was out of sight, and I had to adjust myself.  

They say when you know, you know.

And I know.

I bawl in hands in fist, willing myself to get through this with restraint. This is going to be a long night. 

But by the end of it, she is going to be mine.