Chapter fifty-two- Matteo

What the fuck are they still doing locked up in that room?

Why isn't she coming out?

Fuck!

Shit!

I'm going insane!

I will rather die than lay around like a pathetic little bitch while another man unravels my wife. My woman. Mine.

Okay. . .be smart here, Matteo, we don't want to give her any more reasons to hate us more than she already does.

My subconscious cautions. I shudder.

Hysteric laughter bubbles out of me whilst I toss and turn in bed. When did I become this person? When did I learn to stay this calm even when my insides are being ripped apart? When did I learn to share?

Mirabella belongs to me.

She is mine.

My property.

My obsession.

Mine to touch. Mine to kiss. Mine to fuck. My wife. The mother of my children. She belongs to me as much as I belong to her and I'll do whatever it takes to win her back. I'll win back her trust and loyalty. I'll make sure she realizes where she belongs and in order to succeed at my endeavors, every threat and distractions must me eliminated. And right now, the only threat I see is Mark Lobster.

Mark Lobster is trying to forcefully take my toy away from me and I'll not condone it.

Mark Lobster will die tonight for trying to eat from my plate.

Mark Lobster will breathe his last tonight for trespassing on my territory.

Mark Lobster.

Before I'm able to snap myself out of that darkness threatening to cloud my sense of reasoning, his name has already been perfectly carved into the surface of my bedside drawer by my blade.

The same blade I plan on using to make an incredibly peculiar artwork out of him.

I throw my head back, giggling like a maniac as I replay the many ways I could get rid of that bastard.

"Oh fuck this!" I bolt out my door, running as fast as I can but making sure my footsteps are barely audible enough to startle anyone awake from sleep.

We wouldn't want to create a commotion now, would we?

My movement come to an immediate halt the moment I reach the living room downstairs. I hear her. She's here. I immediately hide in a corner, blending with the darkness and urging my sense of hearing to heighten.

"Seriously Mark? Even with my kid's nanny?" Mirabella's voice comes out in a monotone.

What the fuck?

Is this what I'm thinking?

I tune out Mark's annoying voice as he tries to apologize to my wife and I'm most elated that she isn't buying into his flimsy excuses. But why isn't she reacting in a way a woman is expected to when she's caught her lover with another woman?