Chapter forty- Mirabella

"Do you want to know something?" I question Lex as I lean down, whispering, "that man is my father, the dead woman was my mother and the person he's looking for is me

"Do you want to know something?" I question Lex as I lean down, whispering, "that man is my father, the dead woman was my mother and the person he's looking for is me." Into his ear.

He gulps down on nothing, his face pale as a ghost as his eyes widen.

Lex opens his mouth like he's about to scream but I beat him to it, plunging my blade right under his jaw, pushing it in until the tip of the blade pokes out at the bridge of his nose.

His body convulses as he groans, bouncing on the seat he's strapped on, tears spewing uncontrollably from his eyes.

I stumble back with humorless laughter bubbling out of me.

"Do you remember Lex? That was exactly how I sounded when you and your cohorts railed me whilst plunging your blades into me. I couldn't use my voice because you all forced me into silence!" Tears stain my cheeks.

I whip my head around to find Matteo and the boys moping at me with surprise. Understanding even.

They understand that my pain has transformed me into something unimaginably wicked but they're surprised as to how I'm able to hurt someone so easily.

To them, it might be easy but for me, standing in this room, stained by the blood of my abuser and hurting another human being is the most difficult thing I've been faced with.

"I had to go through that level of pain, I had to lose my child, I had to be used up by those dirty bastards because some useless, desperate fucker is searching for his wife's murderer? I had to suffer for a lie?"

Laughter bubbles out of me again. "Matteo?"

I can hear clearing of throat behind me. "Yes?"

"How many times was I stabbed again?"

"Fifty seven."

I chuckle. "Fifty seven." I repeat the words, picking up another dagger from the table. Standing in front of Lex, I lean down and whisper, "you hear that Lex? I was stabbed fifty seven times whilst been forced to take it all silently."

"Matteo?"

"Yes?" There's a slight shake to his voice, causing me to scoff amusingly.

I've surprised him beyond imagining and I can only imagine how many questions I'd be bombarded with by the end of this episode.

"Tell me exactly what parts of me that was stabbed."

He clears his throat. "Two slices to the neck."

Slash! Slash! I slash the dagger across his neck twice, careful enough not to hurt an artery; because I need him alive. "Do you remember? "Show us your will to live." Now it's your turn puta! Show me your will to live!"

"Five stabs to the chest." Matteo's thick voice reverberates in my spine, rage evident in his tone so much that chills evidently courses through my skin.