𝟏𝟎𝟒 - 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐮𝐦 𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐮𝐨𝐫

"He's gone."

── ──

Those were the last words Y/n had heard before losing consciousness.

She didn't want to believe it.

She hadn't even had the time to process it before blacking out.

She refused to believe it.

The man had survived Azkaban of all things, if anyone was a survivor, it's him.

Where was she?
...
How long has she been out?
...
Where is she?
...
How did she get here?
...
Who's shouting?
...
Where is she?
...
Everything hurts.

── ──

When Fred got the call from his mother , he thought it was another lecture. He shared a look with his brother and the two rolled their eyes.

He would never dare to hang up on his mother so he braced himself to hear her shouts about how could he do such a stupid and reckless thing, how this plan would never work and that they were no longer her sons— of course, she didn't mean it, she was just upset, which he completely understood.

But his grin dropped when he heard his mother hysterically crying on the phone. Fred then figured it had something to do with Percy again.

"Mom, relax—" He tried to calm her down. George walked to his side, a worried expression on his face as he set down the box in his hand.

The two had just bought a small shop with a room upstairs for the two of them to live in and they were unpacking. Wasn't much, but it was a start and thanks to Harry, it was possible. This was a place they had their eye on for a while and they snatched it up the moment they left.

Their mother's voice was cracking and she could barely get the words out. But the moment Fred heard the name she cried out, he didn't know what to think. He could only think that the worst of all outcomes had happened.

He would've dropped the phone if it weren't for George who managed to take it from him and demanded for his mother to explain.

But Fred was already out the door.

── ──

"Where is she?!" He shouted as he ran down the halls of St. Mungo's. How he hated these fucking halls. These fucking stairs. These fucking people who wouldn't get out of his way! "Move, move!" George would shout as Fred and he pushed their way past the patients that roamed St. Mungo's.

They ran straight into the infirmary , breathless and in distress. It took three of his brothers to hold him back from breaking down the door to check in on her.

"Just let me see her!" He shouted, attempting to push his way through Bill and Charlie.

"The doctors are still working on her!" Charlie claimed, pushing his brother down into a chair. "All we can do is wait..."

Fred tapped and bounced his leg impatiently, he wanted to run straight in there. George sat beside him, reassuringly gripping his brother's shoulder. Fred shrugged his brother's hand off, biting at his nail.