{ 47 }

── ──

"Wait what?" Harry stood dumbfounded. Harry then looked to Y/n and pinched her arm. "Ow!" She rubbed her arm. "Definitely not dreaming..." Harry muttered.

"Shh, someone's coming! I think it might be us." Hermione whispered. Y/n continued to whisper to Harry, explaining.

"A time turner is like a mini time machine, you can go back in time with it. So, we're here but we're also out there. Although, we can't let them see us. Got it?"

Harry meekly nodded. "How are you so calm about this?" Y/n shrugged. "I'm actually ecstatic, this is so cool, we've gone back in time!... I will need to have a word with McGonogall though." She huffed and crossed her arms. "I mean, I'm clearly her favorite student, although she'd never admit it—"

"Shh!" Hermione shushed her. "She gave it to me so that I can do all my classes for term. She had to convince the Ministry to let me have one." Hermione whispered to them. "Ohh... yeah, that makes sense." Y/n nodded.

"But, I don't understand what Dumbledore wanted us to do." Hermione sighed. "He said we may be able to save two innocent lives..." Y/n began to think. "There must be something that happened around now that he wants us to change." Harry suggested. He began to think.

"Well, we're on our way to Hagrid's right now..." Hermione hummed.

"We're going to save Buckbeak!" Harry exclaimed to them. "But, how will that help Sirius?" Hermione asked. "Hmm... oh! We've got to fly Buckbeak up to the window where Sirius is being held!" Y/n clasped her hands.

"We can rescue Sirius and Sirius can escape on Buckbeak." Harry said. "They can escape together!" Harry and Y/n both spoke at the same time.

"If we manage that without being seen, it'll be a miracle." Hermione said.

"Well, we've gotta try, haven't we?" Harry said.

"Dumbledore certainly thought we could pull it off." Y/n added which seemed to give them a moral boost.

── ──

Y/n, Hermione, and Harry were not hiding behind a wide oak tree, spying on Hagrid's hut from out of view.

They could hear a knock on the door. "That's us." Y/n whispered. They heard Harry's voice and then Hagrid's as he let them in.

"This is the weirdest thing we've ever done." Harry whispered. "Let's move along a bit." Hermione said to them. "We need to get nearer to Buckbeak."

The three moved quietly and carefully along, closer to where Buckbeak was tied to a post.

"Now?" Harry asked. "No!" Hermione harshly whispered. "The committee people need to see Buckbeak first otherwise they'd think Hagrid set him loose." Y/n looked at him. "We wait."

They heard a shattering noise. "That's Hagrid breaking the milk jug. I'm going to find Scabbers in a bit." Hermione informed them. "Hermione... what if we just go in there and grab Pettigrew?" Harry asked. "What? No!"

"Maybe I can turn into a bat and just fly in there, seizing him." Y/n suggested with a smirk on her face.

"No! We can't mess with time!" Hermione shouted to them. "Okay, okay... it was just an idea, shit." Y/n sighed.

After a few moments, the minister, the committee member, Dumbledore, and the executioner were making their way to Hagrid's hut.

"Alright, it's almost time." They watched their past selves make their way out of Hagrid's hut through the back door, Hagrid told them to go and he then went back in.