The Time Between

A/N: Okay, so you know how they have that pool episode. I'm scratching that out, I was going to do an ocean chapter, but it's going to be a lake chapter with the 'bakusquad'. I'm also going to roll out like five fluff chapters, that still move the plot along but aren't going to be rough like the training camp arc chapters. I just wish I had written more cute chapters earlier on.

-----

That last class happened to be the last before break. You, now being a permanent resident of the Bakugo household, were planning on spending the whole day relaxing, but due to a recent surge in hot weather you weren't going to relax anytime soon. 

Katsuki was conflicted. You were back, and he was supposed to be happy. He'd missed you which was no secret, but everything seemed to be the same. He knew he should make his move, that he nearly lost you to Junichiro, but he wasn't sure what to do.

Asking Kirishima wouldn't do shit. I mean, he couldn't even confess to his own crush, so how would be help him? So, he decided in the mean time, he'd just spend time with you. At least he couldn't fuck that up.

Katsuki walked up the stairs and to your door, giving it a knock with your free hand. You opened it, sweat dripping down your forhead. He handed to a popsicle, sitting at your desk as you debated opening the window, not knowing if it'd make things better or worse. 

"We should probably go out and do something today before we're forced to that training hell hole," he groaned. He didn't seem to be as thrilled for camp as you, but it was understandable to an extent. 

Humming in response, you matched the tone of your small fan. Anything would be better than sitting around, and as it on queue, you got a text notification on your phone. From Mina of course. She informed you that Kirishima had invited a few people to the lake for the day. 

Katsuki didn't take his eyes off you as you smiled at your phone, and his heart couldn't help but race. He didn't want to think about who you were texting. It was the small stuff like that, that got him nervous. Moments later, he got the text too, from a little group chat just created.

"We should go, It'll be fun," you smiled, slowly getting up and walking to your dresser. Of course he wanted to go, but he wasn't going to let you know that. 

"Are you fucking kidding me? I'd rather die," he complained. But the two of you were alone, Kousei had gone home to visit your father for the summer, Katsuki's parents were at work, and you were bored out of your mind. 

"If it comes down to it, I'll beat the shit out of you and drag you out of the house. Or you can follow along and quit being such a fucking buzz kill," you laughed, half serious. He groaned but didn't protest as you rummaged through your droors. I mean, if it really came down to it, you'd just call Mina and Kirishima for backup.

Katsuki left the room with a sigh, going to his own to get dressed and pack a small bag. You facetimed Mina short after, hoping to get her input on what you should wear. 

She analized as you pulled out different option.  Red, black, yellow, orange, all sorts of prints. The beach wasn't something you played about. Back home, you'd spend every chance you could at the lake, so it was only natural you had a ton of options. 

Eventually she decided on red, which subtly matched her own hot pink suit. 

Quickly, you undressed and put it on, checking it out in the mirror before eventually deciding it was the right choice. Then, grabbing a large t-shirt to use as a cover up, a hat, and pair of sunglasses to match, you headed down to the wait in the living room.

Mina, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero had all agreed to meet at the Bakugos before. Katsuki tried to protest, claiming he didn't want them anywhere near the house, but eventually gave in.