Hero Name

-----

"Well, she is correct. I'll be having Ms. Midnight evaluate your naming sense," Aizawa said as Midnight made her way into the classroom. "The way your futures end up will approach the image projected by the names you choose. It's all down to the old phrase, "Names and nature often agree.""

-- 15 minutes later

You stared at your blank boards. You could see Mina bursting at the seams, waiting to share her name. Katsuki looked excited as well, or as much as he would let it show.

"Alright, it's almost time for those who're ready to present their names for the class!"

Aoyama was the first to volunteer. He shakily walked to the front of the class, white board in hand.

"Here it comes... the name of the sparkling hero... I CANNOT STOP TWINKLING!"

"That's a whole damn sentence," you thought to yourself, but, It was better than what you had so far, which was nothing.

"How about we change it to "can't stop twinkling." it's easier to remember and shorter!"

"Too right, mademoiselle."

Mina was next in line. "Alien Queen," which was also the name of the main villain in a popular horror movie, was quickly turned down for obvious reasons. It was a good start, but you could tell why midnight disapproved.

"Is it okay if I go next?" Tsu asked, raising her hand. Midnight approved and Tsu walked to the front of the room.

"I've known since elementary school which name, I wanted to be... Froppy!" she spoke. It was a good choice, and so far, the first one to be accepted right off the bat.

"Use her well liked model as a guide for your own names!"

This was when you started to panic. In a rush, you pulled out your phone and hid it under the desk. Your only real hope was to google superhero name generator until you found something that made sense. Of course, your efforts were in vain, as the only thing closest to a real hero name was "Fist punch man." And that wouldn't work.

Kirishima was next to the front of the class. Then Jiro, shoji, and Sero. Thiers were creative, but it looked like you weren't the only one struggling.

Midoriya who only sat a few seats away from you gripped his marker and stared down at the board. A bead of sweat dropped down his forehead, and he was clearly more stressed than you.

"Tsuchiya, are you having any trouble?" Midnight looked over you, down to the hero name generator, and back to you.

"Um, yeah, kind of," you said with a small chuckle.

"Well, your quirk has to do with stength, try thinking of something that reminds you of it, and go with that," she suggested. You nodded and thanked her, picking up your marker and jotting down the first thing you thought of.

"Can I go now?" you asked. Midnight approved and you walked to the front of the class with a newfound confidence.

"Iron Mauler."

--

"Lord explosion murder, are you fucking kidding me? Is that seriously all you could come up with?"

"Well, it's no better than goddamn Iron Mauler,"

"WELL AT LEAST MINE HAS MEANING! WHAT THE FUCK IS A LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!?" you yelled in Katsuki's face. Your first lesson brought you all the way into lunch period, which was still pretty early in the day.

"YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS!" he yelled back.

"Oh shut the fuck up, as if," you snapped back as the two of you hopped into the back of the lunch line.