Betrayal

-----

"I'll see you tomorrow, right?" Junichiro said with a smile as he walked into the bus station.

"Defiantly," you yelled back, taking off down the street. Katsuki was probably home, since you had walked pretty slow. You didn't want to say you love Junichiro, not yet, but there was defiantly something blooming, you could feel it.

You continued on down the street by yourself, taking the short way home through the back street, and reaching the house relatively soon. You knew Katsuki was going to be in a piss mood, given he didn't like Junichiro, probably a jealousy thing.

You laughed to yourself. The thought of Katsuki being jealous was certainty amusing. He really was emotional, even if he didn't show it often.

You creaked open the front door. Mitsuki was seemingly the only one home since her husband was on a work trip overseas for his company. "Great! (y/n), you're home. I was wondering if you knew what was going on with Katsuki. He came in muttering some name I couldn't make out, but when I asked him what was wrong, he freaked out and headed to his room. Did something happen?"

"Yeah, sorry," you started, rubbing the back of your neck in embarrassment. "I was catching up with another friend on the way out, but I don't think Katsuki likes him very much. He does seem unusually upset about it though, so I think I'll try and ask him about it later when he's calmed down a bit," you sighed. Mitsuki thanked you as you headed to your half setup room to try and finish your homework. 

- 2 hours later -

Mitsuki had asked Katsuki to go up to your room to tell you diner was ready when you wanted it, but he had other plans. He was going to interrogate you, of course. You, of course, had no idea, so you were pretty fucking surprised when he came bursting through your door.

"HEY SHITHEAD!"

"Holly shit!" you yelled, whipping your head from your phone to him. You could practically see the steam rising off his head. You knew what it was about, cause his face was nearly green with jealousy.

"So, what's going on with you and that Junichiro kid?" He asked, crossing his arms with a scowl on his face.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, I could have been changing. Why do you care so much? We were just walking home, that's all, you could have joined us," you said, catching your breath as he gave you dagger eyes. 

"Oh, don't bullshit me. I saw the two of you holding hands. I know you like him just fucking admit it. It's exhausting," he yelled, but still crossing his arms. You were beyond pissed at this point. It's not like he was dating you, so why was it such a big deal?

"Well, if you knew then why did you ask? And so, what if I like him? It's not like it's any of your damn business," you said, grabbing your phone off the charger, as well as a coat.

"Where the hell are you going!?"

You pushed past Katsuki and headed down the stairs.

"Away from you, asshole," you muttered, making your way to the front door. Mitsuki cooked in the kitchen while Katsuki faltered in disbelief. He caught up with his thoughts soon though, and followed you down the stairs, but by the time he got there, you had already left the house.

"I hope you plan on fixing your own mess," Mitsuki said plainly, taking the pot off the burner.

- 2 hours later -

You sat on the ledge of your new special spot. The sun had set, and it was dark by the time Katsuki finally reached you. He walked slowly up the hill. The boy wanted to avoid talking to you as much as possible. Not because he was angry, but because you had really hit a nerve in him.

"If you're going to creep behind me, at least be stealthy about it," you said, patting the earth beside you for him to sit.

"Damn, we really need to invest in some lawn chairs or something," he said, letting his black sweatpants pick up the dirt as he sat. You said nothing in return.

"Look, I'm sorry, I overreacted," he started, taking a deep breath. He'd never been great at admitting when he was wrong, but to make up with you, it was worth it. 

"I'm sorry, for walking out on you," you said, finally facing him. Katsuki looked shocked and confused. "It was super immature of me, I just didn't know what else to do. It's not that I was mad, it's just, hearing it out loud for the first time was shocking. I do like Junichiro, but a long time ago, I liked someone else, actually his name was Umito," you said, choking on his name. It had been so long since you had thought of him, let alone said his name, and you wanted to push the memories back so far, they would never resurface again.

"Is that why you're upset," Katsuki asked softly, surprising himself. As mean as he was, he didn't want to upset you. Not you of all people.

"It's just, loving someone else just feels like betraying him. Umito means the world to me, and I know he would be happy for me, but I can't get him out of my head," you muttered, covering your eyes and trying to get the picture of the brown-haired boy out of your head.

"Why don't you just talk to him?" Katsuki asked confused.

"Because I can't."

"I can try to help, maybe there's a way," Katsuki suggested, fully willing to take on the task for you.

"This isn't something you can help me with."

A moment of silence fell between the two of you. Katsuki wondered why, but only you held the answer to that question. He knew that you trusted him, and if it was something you wanted to talk about, you'd tell him. So, he decided to shift the conversation to a lighter note.

"Well, just tell that Junichiro asshole that if he breaks your heart, I'll break so many bones that he can't fix them himself."

"I think he already got the message, but why the hell do you care so much?" you laughed, raising your eyebrow as he scoffed as you seemingly asked the most obvious question of all. 

"Because we're friends, obviously asshole."

-----

A/N: Maybe another Umito chapter soon. He's honestly my favorite OC. Also DW I't getting rid of Junichiro soon.

ALSO, this is so cute. I love adding in the little bits of Katsuki's inner thoughts about how he really does care, trusts here, and just wants her to be happy regardless, also, probably gonna be posting more often just because I'm in love with this book and want you guys to read the coming chapters soon.