The Test

NOTE: This is just a bit of a side chapter, not too important or interesting, which is why it's being posted rn. I also kinda hate it tbh

The train arrived particularly early, though you were thankful since you'd arrived earlier than planned. 

Only a few people got on. An old woman, a man with a briefcase who hurriedly checked his watch, a tired looking mom with a baby who didn't make a sound, and girl who looked a few years older than you.

The train that usually left for people's jobs would have left an hour ago, so the only people who ever took this train were the ones who had missed the first one.

You were so tired, a quite ride would be good. You'd spent the entire week studying with Junichiro, Mina, and few others in your class for the midterms. Katsuki outright refused to study with Junichiro and said that him and Kirishima had it in the bag. 

You'd told Katsuki about your testing, and he seemed pretty pissed he wasn't the first person you told, be he seemed happy for you regardless, though a bit jealous. You were thankful he was supportive regardless. 

You found a seat near the door as the train began to pull out. The old woman sat in a handicap set on the other end, the businessman rested his head in his hands, the woman sat her child down in a carrier who thankfully didn't seem like it would make much noise, and the older girl laughed on the phone with who you assumed to be a significant other or a friend.

You plugged your earbuds in and watched the new episode of a new show that had come out just days before. Mina had been obsessing over the main character recently, and you just had to see what all the fuss was about.

A few minutes in and you realized that the only reason she was watching was for the actor. The acting was good and all, but the plot was absolutely horrendous. They defeated the main villain in just the fifth episode, which was too fast paced for your liking.

You ended up texting Junichiro and Mina. She had introduced herself to him only a few days prior, and needless to say, she was enthusiastic about the relationship the two of you had blooming.

--

Mina
(y/n), anything interesting happen yet?
10:37 AM

Junichiro
Yeah, tell us all about it. Have to fight anyone yet?

You
Nah, just on the train. There's barely anyone here so I'm psyched
for a quiet ride

Junichiro
Good luck!

Mina
Aww you two are so cute ^-^

You
STFU

Junichiro
...

--

You shut off your phone, annoyed as usual. Mina really knew how to get on your nerves, but she was one of your best friends for a reason. You knew she meant well, and it did make you laugh a bit.

The train lights slightly flickered as you entered a tunnel. You looked around at the other passengers who slowly looked up, confused. It was probably an electrical issue, but it still made you nervous.

The train jerked to a near halt as the massive vehicle tried to abruptly stop. You flew from the seat, hitting your head on a metal pole. The lights flickered once more and went out. It was almost completely dark.

"Is everyone okay?" you yelled worriedly as everyone found themselves on the floor. Groans and conformations came from the other passengers, and you went to begin helping people up. 

The conductor couldn't make an announcement due to the power outage, so you pry'd open the metal doors to take a look. It was probably just a malfunction, but it was still a good idea to check. 

A small light was visible just beyond the train. You kept yourself steady slowly approaching it. As you neared the front of the train, you could see a man. The train was partly submerged in water, and you jumped down the ground, seeing it was nearly waist deep.

"Um, excuse me?" you yelled, squinting as the man turned off his flashlight. "Are you okay?"

You trudged through the water until you were just close enough to make out a silhouette. "I'm feeling just fine," he muttered, manipulating the water your way and freezing a block around one of you hands. He threw a sharp spear swiftly at your head, and you quickly pivot'd as it smashed into the front of the train. 

Throwing your hand against the wall, you smashed the block of ice that encase it, dodging yet another spear hurling at your head. There was no doubt in your mind he was trying to kill you, so you did what you had to, and charged him.

You didn't have any sort of license yet, so attacking him was not an option, but you could subdue him for the time being. 

He rose a wave of water and froze it, then punched off disks of ice towards you as you ran forward, swiftly dodging them, then, you jumped about ten feet in the air, landing behind him and reaching for his arm. 

"Please, stop!" you yelled, but you weren't fast enough as the wait deep water slowed your movements, and he creates a current that pushed you back, and manipulated a whirl pool to spin you around, but you weren't givin up.

Jumping up, you reached the ceiling, grapping onto a hot water pipe. Grabbing a metal ceiling panel, you detached it from the wall and threw it down at him, obscuring his veiw. Then, as he attacked it, assuming you were using it as some sort of sheild, you jumped behind him.

The trains backup generator turned on, causing the headlights to flicker on at the perfect time. The man turned around and you grabbed it arm, Judo throwing him to the ground with increadible strength, causing him to thrash into the deep water.

You were so full of adrenaline, you didn't even notice the water train from the area until you were on your knees, holding him down on dry land. Only then did you notice the sinister smile spread across his face, and the incredible force of a wave slam against your back, and your vision flicker black as your head hit the ground.

He didn't make a sound as the water returned to its normal depth, and you lost your grip on him. The man got up, defeating you in a knockout, and turned his back to you as he assumed victory.

Spoken too soon, your hand reached from the water as your body had repaired itself in less than a second, and a look of fear spread across his face. Your head rose, hear dripping and a terrifying look plastered on your face, your hand gripped his wrist as you gasped for air. Then, standing up, you smashed his body against the side of the train, you went in for the finished blow, but were stopped short. 

Your body couldn't move, but he didn't attack. Then, you heard a clapping from the distance. 

"Bravo!" you heard, and the grip on you was released, and the businessman exited the train, touching the wall as suddenly, everything in the area was returned to its previous state, and you knew you'd been tricked. 

"Hey! What the hell!" you yelled, looking back to the villain. He dusted off his shirt and instantly dried your clothes, leaving your hair a frizzled mess as he forced the last bit of liquid down a far drain. The old woman, mother, and girl jumped down from the train, as well as the driver.

The old woman turned into a beautiful young lady, the mother revealed a plastic baby, and the girl stayed the same, but didn't seem phased one bit. You were the only one confused now.

"You've passed," the man said, opening the briefcase to reveal one singular card with your name on it. "Congratulations," he said, handing it to you are you gave him a 'are you fucking kidding me' look. 

"Was this it? The whole test?" you asked, and he nodded.

"We decided to take an abstract approach on it, test you in a real-world situation. I have to admit, we didn't think you were going to pass there for a second, but you proved us wrong," he smiled. "You've progressed at a rapid rate, and we're excited to see where this takes you."

-----

A/N: Blah blah blah, I honestly just had to get this chapter out of the way. I hate it so fucking much TT I also didn't proof read it so...