Leave It All Behind

-----

"I'm gonna go out for a walk before dark," she said, slipping on and tying her shoes.

(Y/n) swung open the creaky door and headed down the front steps before she could hear her dad's response. The man in question sat at the dinner table, her little brother by his side, trying to figure out this week's homework.

The girl walked down the long driveway, looking foreword down the worn-out road. Anker, the old farm dog next door came to the fence to bark per usual. She had never liked that dog, and it was safe to say he didn't like her.

Why was she going on a walk when the sun was just setting? She wasn't too sure herself. On spring evenings, she often found herself going out aimlessly, just to distract herself from the burdens of everyday life.

The last remaining light blared down and the dry heat only seemed to get worse as she entered a small field. The grass was tall and dead, reaching her waist as she walked along a path of flattened plants from the countless times she had visited before.

There was undoubtedly ticks, spiders, and snakes hiding amongst the grass, but that was an issue for another time. Soon, she reached the edge of a small tree line lined with an old, barbed fence. It led to a ledge that overlooked her town.

She took her time making her way of the steep hill, watching as birds flew out of the way, and flowers began to close their petals for the night. A slight breeze pushed back her hair, and for a brief moment, it liberated her from the pain the harsh sun had brought upon her face just moments before. As the sun set and fell halfway bellow the horizon, she watched the quiet town head to sleep. It was small, and if you were to mention its name, they would think you had made it all up.

She sat on the edge, letting her feet dangle over the 50 foot drop. Only her, and one other knew of this spot, although now, she was the only one to ever visit, but that was a story for another time.

This is how she would spend her next few nights. In one month, (y/n) would be leaving the small town and heading to the city alone to apply to U.A., the school for aspiring heroes and all that bullshit.

In that very moment, as she looked over the setting sun, she missed that old town she had sworn to leave one day. Little did she know, what she would find in the year to come would make it all worthwhile. 

A/N: Hope you liked it! <3