CHAPTER 7: GABRIELLE (2)

His gleaming black leather heels clacked on the stone floor as he stepped out. Instantly, four muscular guards came rushing out of the limos to surround him, each placing a hand on his leopard-patterned jacket surrounding him with a light blue hue.

He then began slowly slinking down the walkway, and towards the arena, the herds of guards pushing back the masses of people that were reaching out their hands towards him. His star-patterned leather flares swayed gracefully in perfect rhythm as he walked.

Ethan was taken aback. "He's, uh...wow." he cleared his throat, stunned by his dazzling appearance.

Freya whistled.

Ghost raised her eyebrows and hummed in approval.

Dinomite slinked smugly over towards a cameraman, and gripped the camera with both hands,pressing his face right up against the lens. "This is Dinomite here!" Came the confident, smooth voice that sounded good even through the camera. "I am so happy that so many of you are here tonight!"

Another eruption of cheers pierced the atmosphere, causing Ghost to visibly cringe at the volume.

Dinomite grinned. "And for those of you who couldn't make it... I'll make sure to play loud enough to make you feel like you're RIGHT BLOODY HERE!" The Rockstar stuck out his tongue and screamed, earning ecstatic screams and squeals from fans.

"I'll see you very soon!" And with that, he walked off into the stadium, protected by a familiar, muscular man that shielded him from the shrieking mob.

The crowd was rapidly shifting, eager to get inside to see their beloved Rockstar. Ghost let out a surprised grunt as she was shoved into another Rocker, before colliding into Freya, who muttered an "ouch" before Ghost steadied her.

"You ok?" Ghost quickly checked her over for any injuries.

"Yeah, you?" Freya kept her grip on Ghost's arm.

"Yeah - hold on, where's Eth?"

As if on cue, Ethan crashed into Freya, who let out another "ouch" as she was tumbled into.

He grabbed her hand desperately. "Hey, you good?"

Ethan slowly looked up and steadied himself. With a pale and slightly sweaty face, he gave her a shaky nod.

"Let's get out of here then."

"Everyone okay?"

The trio were now a good distance from the mass of people, which was still forever squirming as fans shoved and fought each other, battling to beat others into the stadium.

"Yeah. Thanks, Ghost," Freya smiled.

Ethan nodded and smiled.

Ghost brushed her coat. "We need to come up with a plan on how to stop the assassination."

Freya put a thumb up. "Correct! Actually, I have just the thing for this!" She clapped her hands together, like an excited child.

"Oh?" Ghost raised an eyebrow, while Ethan tilted his head, curious.

Freya reached into her pocket for a brief moment before drawing out a few peculiar, identical items.

"These," she began, dropping one of each into Ghost and Ethan's hands, "are communication devices I made!"

"You made these?" Ghost repeated in awe, carefully inspecting the item. In her palm sat a red earpiece. A small speaker was embedded on one side, which she assumed was the side she was supposed to insert into her ear. On the other sat a button that turns it on and off. At the top spouted a large hook-shaped antenna to hang onto her ear. On the side of it were a few pinprick holes.