CHAPTER 6: BONJO'S BURGERS (2)

The trio trudged up a small hill that stood a mile away from the city. Ethan put his head down, specifically recalling his experience in the alleyway. He was wondering what it meant. The man who attacked the Grunts seemed at first to be a reasonable person, but it seemed like he was also in control. He was having a hard time making sense of what he saw, but one thing was for sure. Someone was going to be assassinated, and he had to put a stop to it.

Freya peered over to Ethan, noticing his expression. "Are you thinking about it too? The assassination?" She softly spoke.

Ethan looked over to her. "Yeah..." He crossed his arms. "Do you think we can stop it?" he murmured.

"Of course we can!" Freya exclaimed, putting her arm around Ethan. "We're strong, all of us. We can do this!"

The atmosphere became warm around them, the encouraging words resonating with Ethan deeply.

Ethan gazed over at Freya. "Thanks, Freya." he smiled. "You're right, we can do this."

The group reached the top of the hill, where the moonlight painted the surface with its beautiful white hue. Ghost's caravan came into view; Cricket's silhouette standing gracefully in front of the moon.

Freya took her arm away from Ethan and stared in awe. "Is that your caravan?" She inquired.

Ghost looked over to Freya, and grinned. "Yup. And the big guy up front? That's Cricket." She responded.

Freya looked back at the caravan and stared in amazement at the large stallion that alone could carry such a huge vehicle. "Huh... I was honestly expecting something else, like a car or a truck."

Cricket moved slowly towards the trio, the booms from its steps echoing through the air. As they approached, the caravan's door creaked open, revealing the interior. Ghost narrowed her eyes, and stared at Ethan. "You didn't lock the doors properly!" She growled. "If anything's been stolen you're paying me back for it."

Ethan silently nodded.

A large grin spread out across Freya's face. "So this is a caravan! I've never seen anything like this. It has a weird shape." She chuckled, bursting through the entrance door. Ghost and Ethan followed slowly behind.

Freya's eyes widened in amazement, as she took in the quaint surroundings. "It's so... normal looking! Wow!" she exclaimed, as she ran towards the couch to her left, jumping head first into it and curling up into a ball. "It's not that cozy, but it's good enough to sleep on!" she said, rubbing her face against the red velvet cushions.

Ghost flipped on the light switch, illuminating the room with a faded yellow color. She sighed and strolled over to Freya - who looked to be drifting off to sleep. "You can sleep somewhere else if the couch isn't comfortable enough."

Freya turned over and sat up to face Ghost. "Oh, thanks!" she smiled, shuffling over to make some seating room for the others. She opened her mouth to talk, but then something caught her eye. On the table, a depressing cup of cold coffee stood still and dismal, waiting for any semblance of attention. "How long has that coffee been there?" Freya asked.

Ghost sat down next to her. "It's been there for a while. I must've forgotten to tip it away."

Ethan walked towards the table and scooped the cup up in his hands. "I'll tip it out for you." he offered, walking away before anyone could reply.

Freya and Ghost sat in an awkward silence for a brief moment, none of them knowing what to say or do. Freya rested her legs on the table and leaned back, peering towards Ghost. "So... what's the time?" she asked.