Chapter: Fire

Mattheo's POV

Another more of this stupid project and im going to flip. and i mean this, It stopped most my plans and i barely had time to research anything! I mean She probably figured Most the things but still I could've helped in some things she Didn't Manage to figure out.

It also stopped my time with Following her around and protecting her,

"It's not called Following and protecting but Stalking Idiot." Leo Told Staring at his book as I explained My situation to him.

"I'm protecting her not Stalking" I Corrected, Which Lead Leo To roll his eyes At me.

"even if you Call that Protecting, does she even need it? Hadn't you told me she was some Police or something?" Leo Asks Not even Moving his eyes away from His book.

"Detective." I Corrected, "And Besides. even they need protecting sometimes" I answered With Confidence.

"Yes but the difference is she doesn't even know it's you. What if she thinks That Package was By the Killer or something?" Leo asks, Still not having a slight of Amusement on his tone.

Leo Has been My Close friend and A Manager In my company, He's been hanging Around with me Since High School and He pretty much Knew everything about My Situation and the Secret my family holds, He's the only one I've been this close to.

"I Doubt it'll look like it's Sent by the killer if it's Helping her in the case" I responded

"You never know, She could Just Think that you were the killer." what a supportive friend..

"Very Helpful of you" i was unamused by his remark, i doubt she'd think of me as the killer..right..?

"Just saying, its quite possible that she suspects you as a possible killer y'know" Leo responded without even staring up from his Book. he was just avoiding to lock eyes which was obvious, 

"Its not really about the killer its about the fact that she's definitely the Love of my life and i want to help her with whatever case she's working on" 

"it feels more like obsession than love at this point Matt" Leo responded shutting his book. his eyes now just staring at me with concern "Its not healthy regardless, you know how it was with your fath-" i knew where he was going with this. Leo knew of my situation and how my father were. He was more closer to me than anyone i knew about.

"I won't be like my father Leo." i cut him off. I promised myself never to jump down the same Hole as my father, and i know for a fact that i would never. He saw my mother as the only cure to his emotions and did many terrible shit for that, i would never. Yes Ashley is someone that cured whatever problems i had but if she were to fall for me? i want it to be natural without her being hurt. I wouldn't be able to stand that.

"Alright sorry, you're different than your father but its just, now that you found someone who made you feel the emotions now, it just builds questions like 'now that he found his obsession, will he take the same path?', you can't really blame me either, you were explaining how you stalked her earlier" Leo responded before letting out a heavy sigh, "but you're right, you swore to not take the same path as your father and i believe you there. that's the only reason i didn't turn you in to the police for stalking someone, yet alone a detective."  Leo added before shutting his book close, that's surprising in a way. That's the only positive remark he has ever told This year.

_________________________________________

Hours Passing I was Finally out of work all tired and exhausted, I just wanted to Rest by some where or go to this Cafe that opened a few days ago, I heard it's pretty good By Leo. If He Compliments a shop I just know for a fact it truly is good.

I guess that's how I usually pick up my stores anyway, I'm Not as Picky as Leo but if He says it's a bad shop? It's most likely so. If he Says it's good and compliments it? Definitely good. He drools after mentioning the restaurant? He definitely loves it. He could really be cold but he's a pretty warm Guy inside, he just struggles showing it. In a way I'm somewhat similar to that, I didn't struggle showing it I just genuinely never felt any.

That was till I met that detective and honestly I would lie if I said I hadn't been a little Too Emotional lately over her. Maybe a little obsessed to a point she's in my dreams every night. Or perhaps a little Too attached to a Point I'm Seeing her face every where I go, not that she's popular I mean I wish she were maybe that way i'd have some pictures of her. But her Image is just stuck inside my mind and I Never want it gone.

A sudden Screaming caught my attention as there was fire spreading around in one of the Apartments.

Curious I decided to check where the fire location was coming from, I heard someone call for a fire department I also heard Sirens coming and guessed it was the cops instead.

My eyes landed right into the Apartment Building in front of me. It was The Apartment Ashley Stayed in.

My heart dropped the moment I realized it was not only that but The fire was On Her floor. In her apartment, I couldn't see her out and I felt the Panic sit in entirely.

Was she still inside!?

"Has anyone gotten in contact with Ashley yet!?" I heard another male speak, he was talking to the other cops and his expression seemed.. Panicked

"Calm down Marcus I'm sure she's Okay and not home" One of the other cop told trying to reassure him.

Somehow it felt as if he's speaking the Opposite. I got a bad feeling and I usually follow by that.

Without thinking twice I choose to run Inside, even if she was safe I had to make sure first. It didn't matter if the fire was big, If she were to die just like this my entire world would crumble with her. And I don't think I'd ever forgive myself if I failed that.

The smoke of the fire were intoxicating. Why would anyone want to burn this place? Why her specifically? I got a huge feeling this was because she was targetted over something.

I was running through the stairs despite The heat inside this building.

I had a little relief when I reached her apartment. I could already sense the fire from inside and I was scared she would get hurt. The door was Locked. It's as if whoever was behind this was Trying to kill her.

I had a huge feeling she was behind here.. No I was sure of it. I could Sense that she was in here.

I Decided to break this door even if I Had to get hurt in the process, as long as she's safe. I started backing away before attempting to kick the door open.

I failed at first.. And 2nd one was a fail too, I backed  away once again before hearing her from behind that door. Trying to call out for help, but her voice seemed so weak.. My heart shattered To think that she's been in there for so long..

Once again I decided to try breaking the door and in the 4th attempt I succeeded. I Quickly got the door opened and my eyes scanned the area. I had one of my arm cover my nose so it could lessen the smoke I'd have breathed in, My eyes landed on her, I could see her. She were unconscious but I could see that she's still breathing, I saw how her chest were rising Slowly up and down.

I instantly ran to pick her up, She was so warm against my arms, it was a first time I ever actually held onto her. I ran outside after picking her up as my mind ran through so many thoughts, who would do such things?

Than my mind drifted to the idea that it was perhaps Karl's doing, I got a huge feeling that its him. Perhaps because He realized that she was hunting him down.

If that's the case this person might be more dangerous than I thought he were. I'd need to protect her some how.

Once outside I had a sigh of relief escape me, the firefighters seemed to have arrived finally as they all worked their best to Put out the fire. There were the cops and ambulance, I walked towards The Ambulance and Gave the Nurse the information on her situation and The nurse quickly Took her for a check up.

Thankfully she's safe, I'm glad for that. I looked back at that burning apartment.

I felt a burning rage Over Karl. He tried taking away someone So important to me but I'm not going to let that happen, I promise myself that I'd hunt Karl down myself if Anything happens to Ashley.