Chapter: A Return of an old case?

Her POV:

I was A few Blocks away from the Building Marcus was at. He was still on the phone with me and I just kept on reassuring him.

The abandoned Building could be spotted from afar, it was pretty dark and the storm was even heavier. Talk about the perfect Scenery for a horror movie.

"who's there!?" I heard Marcus's voice call out.

"It's me calm down." I Replied back, Finally Seeing Marcus right in front of me. He had his gun Held out most likely thinking it was someone else, After seeing Me he lowered it.

"Thank god. I thought the murderer came back or something" he Mutters in relief.

"I still wonder how you made it to my team when you seem more scared than anyone I ever knew" I asked, unamusedly but Brushed it off anyway, This case.. Could it really be related to the one of 12 years ago..?

A real question would truly be that if the killer 12 years ago was still alive. If I relied on the database than the guy by now would be around his 50s and Most likely dead, But I saw the killer.

He wasn't around his late 30s or early 40s, it was a teenage boy, older than me by 2-4 years at most. I know for a fact that the database was false for this reasons. Honestly why I barely trust the database.

If I go by my logic the Killer by now should be at his Late 20s and early 30s.
He's definitely still alive and committing murders too since most the unsolved case has the exact pattern as his.

"Over Here Ashley, There was a fresh trail of blood around here" Marcus Blurted out as he walked towards the dark corner of the building, I follow behind.

He was right, there's a fresh trail.. But no one around, Following behind that trail I hoped it would at least lead to answers perhaps or anything that'll clear up my theories, but no. At the end of trail was just a wall. It must've been that the victim Was cornered before Killed brutally. And than must have been disposed somewhere.

The real issue would be to find out where.

Marcus must've noticed My disappointment when we found nothing. He seemed guilty. He shouldn't, it wasn't really his fault after all.

"Let's end it for today and continue investigating tomorrow, ask our team to Bring in Max. Perhaps he could sniff out the location, and Don't forget to inform the higher ups about the situation."

Marcus nodded as he listened to each of my words and Went back to his car,

"I could drop you off if you want" Marcus told, I would've refused but honestly? I rather take that offer than walk back home in this rain.

_________________________________________

A sigh of relief washed over me once I was finally home, Luna was still asleep on the guest room, I went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, before heading to the sofa and finally relaxing for a moment.

I plan to rest a couple minutes before heading to sleep directly, it gives me time to process everything that happened tonight, The case. Was it really related to the one from 12 years?

I can only get an answer of that if I find wherever they dropped off the victim. How the victim was killed. This killer always had a same pattern on his kills.
After each Kills he usually carves logo on wherever the victim was stabbed at, I remember seeing a logo on the shape of a eye on both my parents Stab wound. I could only bring it to 2 conclusion, one being that this Guy is some sadistic monster obsessed with marking his prey. Or it's a cult.

getting up the sofa I returned to the kitchen to grab my phone, there except was a package.

And on top of that package? Was that very logo Marked with a red Marker. The same Logo I saw 12 years ago..