Chapter: Anonymous Helper

It was the Logo from 12 years ago, that red eye logo I swore I hated.

My heart Dropped upon seeing it, all those memories I held that night returned within only seeing that.

I felt my breath it was heavy, my hands were Trembling as I try to Cut open the box. Was this some Stupid Prank by the killer? Was This All some sort of game?

Slowly, unboxing the package I was able to see whatever were inside. Some Paper and information from that case, ones I've seemed to have missed. This meant that this wasn't by a killer

But who was it than? Was this a a person who wanted to help? Or an enemy who was there to build that hope and crush it?

Suddenly the lights flashed open revealing Luna in the door frame, her eyes seemed Sleepy.

"Geez Ashley Why are you up?" She asked, her Tone seemed Sleepy.

I hid the package and it's papers under the counter.

"Well I just came for a glass of water, have I woken you up?" I asked her, I didn't truly lie to her, I just hid the fact that I had some package.

"Not really," Luna Pauses for a moment

"I just got called By my law firm, I'll have to leave early and head over there. My client created some conflict around there" she added up.

"Alright, well do you need help?" I asked, if the client was in fact in trouble perhaps I'd be able to help Luna on fixing whatever.

"No I'll do fine on my own, you should rather rest those Bags in your eyes are starting to Be even more Visible" Luna responded before grabbing her Purse and Phone.

"I'll call you tomorrow Ash, I promise I'll make up for this sleepover" Luna Adds heading towards the Door.

"Not to worry about it, Just careful with work and call me if you ever need anything" I had some worries, ever since this client of hers showed up something felt weird.. I knew something was off with her client but She always told me it was nothing and that they truly were a nice person, still. I can't help but feel as if they aren't.

She gives me a nod and Leaves, I didn't tell her about the package. If I did perhaps She'd freak out, it's not that I don't trust her she's my best friend, She's been my best friend for 15 years and has known both my Good and bad days, and she were the first person I could have run to when I lost both My parents.

Both me and My brother are greatful for her help back than and even now, I just couldn't tell her about it now without knowing if the sender was good or bad.

________________________________________

"Mrs Park, Did you catch any fingerprint in the package?"

I ask, the moment I left the house I left the Package in the lab for them to run through with fingerprints. I was curious after all over this mysterious package.

"I'll have to apologize up.. But Mrs Adler there is no print other than yours"

It made sense why mine would show up as I opened it but. The real issue was the fact that who ever delivered it had been quite careful not to get any of their's.

Who was this mysterious person?

"Thank you" I replied before Hanging up.
This was an issue as I ended up with more questions rather than answers and it was only eating me up.

I ran through the Files it had contained earlier and it was.. Helpful. In a way anyways.. If the person who sent it wasn't an enemy, perhaps it was someone who wanted this Killer caught.

I got a few more details for the killer's description, turns out it's a solo killer. A sadistic monster for sure and not some cult. I was correct in the age guessing, by now he should be around his late 20s and early 30s.

The name or well Alias he went by 12 years ago was Karl, whoever this Karl Guy was already Have different identity.
Meaning he could be anywhere and anyone.

The real challenge is to find which name he Uses this time and how he looks, another thing I manage to find was a high school photo, this photo was taken from the very exact same school I went.

Karl must've been my Senior during than, it only made sense why he seemed familiar back than. It's a shame Karl isn't truly his name otherwise I'd be able to find more.

Shaking off my thoughts I got up from my chair and left the office, I decided it would be a good time to take a little walk down the street today since there wasn't much to do and the Investigation team hadn't inform me about anything so far and I left Marcus in charge of that team for now.

Upon stepping outside I felt the breeze hit my face, in a way it felt nice. The fresh air. It wasn't that crowded either, after all people mostly rather stay indoors during this time of the year.

There was a cafe that recently opened near by, I decided why not check it out today since I had the time? I was craving coffee anyways.

Entering the cafe, I could feel the warm atmosphere, it was quite calming too. The people around there was on their own worlds enjoying their coffee, some there for work while some there with their partners on a little cafe date, it was cute.

I swore I heard my mother nag in some way, if she was still alive I knew she would.

"Look at people around you, That's right everyone's already happily dating, your 28 and not even allowing a person court you" oh how I miss her, both her and father. I swore and promise I would avenge them. I'm closer to the truth than ever after all..

"Mrs.. Would you like something?" I heard the cafe's barista ask, I got back to my senses and wiped away the small tear from my eyes, it was the warmth that reminded me of them all of a sudden.

I nodded and ordered one of the coffee in the menu and took a sit. I was just waiting for the coffee now and stared out the window, it was starting to snow.

That must've been what they call the first snow, it was pretty how it started to fall slowly. Now that I think about it I probably should have gotten something more warmer to wear.

"Here's your Coffee Ma'am" she placed it into the table and left just like that, I took a sip and it truly does live up to its little fame it got over the few days after opening, it reminds me a lot of how my mother use to make coffee.

I felt my Phone vibrate from my pockets and I picked it up to check. It wasn't a call but some sort of text, I looked at the sender and it was unknown. Curious I looked at the text.

It was an image of me, looking out this window in the cafe.