Chapter 23

A week later ( next tuesday)

         Nicole's p.o.v.

   I opened my eyes after what felt like the longest nap. Where am i? I looked next to me and saw a boy who had brown hair that was messy like he hadn't combed it in days. He was sleeping . I looked around. I then heard lots of beeping.  Many people ran inside.

    " She's up!! She woke up!! Please tell everyone she's up!!! " I heard a doctor scream. I looked around confused.

   " Nicole!!" The brown haired boy yell out. I looked at him confused. The doctors settled down .

   " Ok...she's going to be fine from here on out. Your a lucky one." They said before leaving me with the boy. I looked into his caramel brown eyes.

   " Nicole, I'm so sorry. I missed you so much. Thank God your alive." He said.

   " Uhh, who are you? " I asked.

   " NURSE!!!!!" He screamed out. I covered my ears not wanting to hear him scream. The nurse ran inside.

   " What is it Mr.Bieber?" She asked.

   " Nicole...she doesn't remember who I am.." He said. The nurses eyes widened.

     Justin p.o.v

   It's been 15 minutes since they took Nicole out for an xray. I felt my eyes water. This is my fault. I heard someone open the door and walk inside. It was Caleb and a girl I've become to know well Haley (Caleb's girlfriend). Haley smiled at me.

   " Hey Justin." Haley said giving me a hug. She squeezed me tightly. I smiled at her. Caleb then looked at me.

   " Hey Bro. " Caleb said. I looked at him with a smile.

   " She's up bro...but, there's one thing....she doesn't know who i am." I said. Calebs face dropped.

   " What?" He questioned. I didn't know what to say to him.

    " She..I was talking and she went "who are you?". " I said shaking my head. I could feel tears streaming down my face.

   " Bro, she was probably just in shock. "He said. I shook my head.

   " This is my fault. Her father will never forgive me." I said. Caleb looked at me with sorrow.

    " Bro you can't blame yourself." He said. I looked at him as if he was insane. Who else is to blame. This is my fault. I sat there in silence until the door opened again. This time in walked Mrs and Mr hernandez.

   " Hello son." Mr. Hernandez said to Caleb not acknowledging me. Mrs. Hernandez on the other hand smiled warmly at me. She was obviously happy her daughter was awake. Wait until she heard the bad news. The doctors then walked in with Nicole in the bed. They rolled her inside.

   " Well hello everyone. Justin already knows the bad news, because he was here and he witnessed it. Nicole has lost some of her memory. This has rarely ever happened but, it's the biggest part of her brain it's her personal area. Which contains her family, love life, school etcetera." The doctor said. Everyone gasped looking at me. I looked down. The doctor walked away.

    " Well we can all talk to her...but, I think mom and dad should go first." Caleb said. I nodded walking out. We stood outside. I don't know if I'd be able to go without Nicole knowing who I am. I heard the door open and close. I looked up and saw her mother walk out. She had tears streaming down her face. Caleb walked inside with Haley.

   " Mrs. Hernandez...I take full responsibility for this. I hope you know that." I said. She shook her head.

   " Oh Justin...this isn't your fault. I talked with your mother. I understand that you were trying to protect her and her father's relationship." She said. I froze. My mom told her about my dad and I's relastionship. Mr.Hernandez, Caleb, and Haley came out. I was the only one left.