Chapter 24

Behind an iron door, isolated from the surface, far from mankind, a place hidden from the sun. A new civilization are discovered, it's crowded yet empty.

A cold place beneath the ground, carved from stones and granite, grey and white, lively and dead at the same time.

However, beside all the buildings there is no sign of any creature roaming, most likely it's just a ruin of ancient time, or is it?

"Whoa..." Iroha stoned, amazed. "They even carved a staircase to go down." She looked into her left side.

"Let's go down, Tatsuya." She continue.

He nodded as he walk behind Iroha, watching over the buildings, over and over again.

As from the edge of his eyes, a weird human figure watching over him and Iroha. A human torso, a bird head, four hands with one of them had a nailed club attached to it.

While...

"Three months have passed...I wonder, what is he doing now?"

In a garden full of flowers, a female stand out the most; green hair with a red crimson eyes. She talk to herself as she water her plants. "I hope he came home safe and sound.."

Within the time of three months, her flowers have grown up a lot, the same with her feelings towards him. He promised her a short journey seeking for another knowledge of swords, not the actual truth of his purpose, searching the plants that bring immortality.

When Rushia asked him to marry her, a new kind of happines spark out from Tatsuya. It didn't last long untill he realized, that he cannot live as long as her. As he is just a human being, while Rushia are a necromancer.

He overheard the elves talking about the plants that bring immortality, it quickly picqued his interest and thus the reason he arrive on Land of Verum, to be with her forever.

"Tatsuya....when are you coming back...." Rushia spoke to herself. "I hope you didn't do anything stupid out there."

As Tatsuya and Iroha walk on available path, a sudden breeze of cold air shook them, sending chills toward their spine.

"This is all abandoned..." Iroha said as she keep walking towards the center of a city.

Center of the city, a large area in circular shape, surrounded by many abandoned buildings that looked like a store, in the middle of it, stand a monument of a Demi-human carved from Marble, making it stand out the most.

"Amazing..." Tatsuya stoned in amusement as he take a look at the monument. "To carve something this detailed, the sculptor must be really talented." He continued. "Demi-human, the one who live in this city are demi-human?"

"Perhaps. There is another reason though, maybe this is a memorial of a hero, or even their leader?" Iroha answered.

Suddenly, a cawing of Crow distracted the two, it was really loud causing their ear drums to ring, deaf for a few seconds.

They look into the source of it, only to find another weird and creepy creature.

A human body with the head of a crow, two pair of arms with one of them had a nailed club attached to it's arm. It stand there, barely naked with only a pair of clothes to cover it's lower part.

It stand there not far from the two, staring at them menacingly. Tatsuya and Iroha only had two choices, leave the place or challange The Crow.

"I suggest we retreat and stay away from that crow." Iroha sweating and worried.

Tatsuya agreed and started to walk backwards, leaving the City Center. But, as soon as they walk, The Crow did the same, closing the distance. Tatsuya immediately noticed it, he never take his eyes off from his enemy.

"Walk faster! The Crow follow us!" Tatsuya whispered to Iroha. "Stay calm, it will be a problem if that thing could see us panicking."

Iroha nodded and slowly increasing her pace, followed by Tatsuya who did the same.

The Crow caw once again at the same time charging towards the two. "IROHA!"

The Crow swung it's nailed club at Tatsuya, blowing his rib thus sent him into a state of shock, The Crow lean it's head backward slightly opening it's beak and peck Tatsuya's left arm, "FUCK!" he scream in agony as The Crow trying to snap his arm..

"AAKKKKKKKKK" But luck in his side as now The Crow are the one who scream in pain, Iroha swiftly swing her sword at the beak, freeing Tatsuya's left arm.

The Crow now aggressively swinging all of his arm, Tatsuya dodge the nailed bat aimed at him and slash it with his sword, cutting it off immediately, bloods spill on the ground as The Crow scream once again.

Iroha did the same, in a blink of eye her sword cut through all the three remaining arms with ease, she then cut The Crow's belly, causing it's guts to spill out before finally ending it's life by slashing it's neck.

All done in a few seconds, her swiftness suprised Tatsuya and her swordsmanship impressed him too. Agile, fast, and deadly, that is Kazama Iroha.

"You save my arm, thank you Iroha." Tatsuya held his left arm.

"We're partner, remember that?" She shooked her head and smile cheerfully. "It's normal for us to protect each other. Beside, you did the same too."

Tatsuya smiled back, grateful that he made the right decision to be her partner. "You're incredibly fast, I'm amazed."

"Thanks. You're amazing too, Tatsuya."

"Nah, it just a brute strenght." He replied. "I think we need to leave this place, as soon as possible."

"What about the library, we still have no clue about it..." Iroha spoke.

"It's far too dangerous, there is no sign of any treasure or library too." Tatsuya look around. "Beside, all of this building are just a ruin without any trace of glory."

"Perhaps The King are just lying about that library, he sent us to just death." Tatsuya continue.

Iroha look down after hearing what Tatsuya just said, it's just his opinion but Iroha seems dissapointed. "Maybe, that is the truth, they didn't even tell us where the library is, they said they found it, but where?"

The two froze up for a while, feeling hopeless about the library and wondering is it really worth it to explore this ruin?

"At least, let's find a treasure before we leave this whole mysterious ruin." Iroha spoke as she and Tatsuya leave the old city.

The same hallway, the same jailroom, they walk into it again, this time they walk into the left hallway in the intersection, a deep and dark place with only a torch to shine nearby, Tatsuya and Iroha walk into the darkness without any knowledge what's in front of them.