Chapter 2

I wake up from my sleep,next to me laying Little Flare who still fall asleep. Trying not to wake her up,I carefully remove her arm from mine.

I wear my set of armour back,and place my swords into my hip and tied it with a leather belt. I took a necklace on top of the drawer,and wear it on my neck. That necklace,Ryu gave me. He give it to me while he said...

"Here,i give it to you."

"Eh? Aren't this yours?"

"That necklace,it doesn't bring any luck,or anything. It just a piece of necklace who sail in the seas of war and blood. I believe,someday you will finally arrive in a land where peace can be found. That's why,i wanted you to bring this necklace of mine with you,let it sees how beautiful that land is."

As i wear that necklace and grab my helmet,Little Flare finally wake up.

"Uncle...where are you going?" She asked me.

"Ah,you finally wake up! We will continued our journey,Flare."

At the same time i finished my word,Flare's eyes widen in excitement. She run into me and hugged me out of nowhere.

...

Me and Flare leave the Tavern at the morning. From the information I gathered,the Illusion Forest are in the North,and not really far from this place, there's also a kingdom nearby.

We should arrive there at least when the moon is raising. If we doesn't take a break too much,we could get there earlier.

"Flare,if you are tired just say it to me okay? We will have a rest a bit." I said to Flare.

She replied with nodd.

6 Hours later...

We are halfway to reach the kingdom near Illusion Forest. Flare look so exhausted,even though we are taking a break every hour.

"We're halfway there,Flare. Let's take a break for a while,you look so exhausted."

I sit down on nearby tree,under the shade that cover me from the sun. Flare also under the same tree as me,she sat beside me and slowly falling asleep in my shoulder.

*rustle* *rustle*

Suddenly,a rustling sound from nearby bush can be heard. I stand up,worried it might be something dangereous. Wild animal,or even worse Bandits.

It seem i wake Flare up,she immediately asked me what's goin on and i replied with.

"Stay still,Flare. I want you to go hide in the bush behind us."
My guess are right,it's a damn Bandits! There are four of them,in front of me.

"Damn bandits."

"You know the drill,gave us all of your money!" One of them pointed his sword at me.

I take a look at my sorrounding,and realize that i'm surrounded.

"There's nothing you can do. All we asked are a damn mon—"

Right before he finished his stance,i kicked the bandit in front of me whom pointed his sword toward me.

'I gotta be fast!'

I threw my elbow at the bandit behind me,and hit his stomach with the pummel of my sword.

I'm being attacked from both side,i put my hand tight on the handle of my sword and dashed into my right side,and unsheathed my sword directly into the chest of the Bandit.

That same Bandit fell into the ground,with no hesitate i stabbed him to death.

'One down.'

I pulled my sword from the corpse on the ground,in that same moment i take a deep breath and let out a sigh.

They began to charge toward me,all of them at the same time. I began to walk towards them,as the distance getting closer,i close my eyes and opened it slowly.

I tighten my grip...

"RAAAAAAA!!!.."

One of them jumped towards me and at the same time swung his sword downward,i step over to the side quickly dodging his clumsy attack.

As he land on the ground and notice not hitting anything,i immediately swing my sword into his neck and cutting it,seperated it from his body.

I moved my attention into the rest of the bandit,one of them ran towards me and again swung his sword downward. Trying to cut me in half.

I succesfully parried it and kicked him in the guts as a counterattack,at the same time another bandit came at me and almost cut my neck. Somehow i dodged it.

Utilizing his opened body,i thrust my sword into his stomach and hear his grunt.

'One more...'

I pulled my sword and dashed as fast as i could into the remaining bandit and cut his chest open,immediately dropping him death to the ground.

.
..
...
....
.....

I sheated my sword back,i took my helmet off and let out a deep sigh.

"Ahhhhhhh...."

...

"UNCLE!!!" Flare rushed towards me from the bush she hiding before.

She hugged me and suddenly cry.

"Ey! What's wrong? Did i do something bad to you?"

As i finish my word,Little Flare just cried louder and louder than before.

"Lucky i survived that." I sighed as i pat Little Flare's head. "C'mon stop crying,let's continue our journey!"

"Uncle,I'm afraid."

I sees into Flare eyes,i saw her tears and saw how scared she truly are. I took a glimpse into the blue skies,wondering what should i do.

'I don't even have home for myself,to where i can make Flare safe? A kid that doesn't even understand the world..'

"Flare doesn't want Uncle to get hurt...If Flare learned how to fight,will Uncle not get hurt?"

Unbelief shivers through my body,did what i just heard was right?

"Thank you for your kindness Flare. But,you should think about yourself first."

"But! Uncle nearly died before! I don't want that to happen! Flare will protect you!"

I have nothing,no one. Nothing will happened if I died. I live just to see how far i would go,and how strong i am. Beside that,I don't have anything.

"Thank you,Flare."