Chapter 6

The tale of Elves Town,the place that hidden deep inside the Illusion Forest.

I remember when I'm about to sleep,my mother told me about this place.

"There's a place,where peace are promised. A place that inhabited by a race human never sees."

"Where is that?"

"Deep in the Illusion Forest,my son."

"Aren't that place dangerous?"

"Peace are hard to obtain,that's why the Illusion Forest are dangerous. To prevent human from entering it and destroying the peace."

I wonder,if I can go back in time...

"Uncle! Uncle!" Flare's tapped my cheeks,tracing me back into reality.

"Look!" She pointed a direction.

As I take a look at the direction Flare pointed me at,from a far I can see a building that look like an abandoned place.

"It...looks abandoned?"

"Follow me!"

As we got closer,I realize that I'm totally wrong.

Not far from me,standing a huge wall covered in vines and moss,blending with it's surrounding. With a watchtower in it,making it look like a fortress. It's appearance,really menacing and majestic. Different than any fortress I've ever seen.

Me and Flare walked closer and closer,but the sound of bush rustling distracted me. It's fast,and not coming from one direction only.

Suddenly...

*sfx : phew*

Flare hold my hand tightly,she trembling and scared.

An arrow was shooted at us,it's a warning. I unsheated my sword,and observing my surrounding,trying to find the Archer that shooting at us.

"Hand over that child." Suddenly,a man in the same height as me appeared.

I faced that man,and realize he had the same ear as Flare's. Could he be an elves?

"Either that,or you died by an arrow of rain."

As he finished his word,one by one an Archer appeared. From all direction,from everyside,even in the tall trees above me. A countless arrow are pointed at me.

"This uncle are not a bad guy! Please don't kill him!" Flare shouted,distracted the Elves man in front of me.

"Every Intruder must be punished. Human,are evil." He raised his sword,pointed it at me.

I recalled my past memories upon hearing his word,the image of chaos appeared. A bloodbath caused by human. The Invasion of Evenfall at my hometown.

"I'm a different individual from them." I replied him.

"Non sense. You only had one choice,hand me that elves kid and face my sword. I shall kill you with my own hand."

I look at Flare,she hold me tightly not wanting to let go. Her eyes filled with sadness and tears. While her mouth calling for me.

"Uncle..."

"My quest are finished,you need to go Flare. From now,it's your own journey." I pat her head and gently stroke her hair.

'Too bad we cannot see eachother again...' I mutters inside my heart.

Flare then walked towards the man. As she reached him,another elves man appeared.

"Take her to town. Call their parents." The man from before said to his comrade.

Flare leaved the place I was in,as she walk further from me,she keep staring at me while tears continuesly fall from her eyes.

I smiled to her. A last smile.

"Judging from your appearance,are you a soldier?" The same man asked me.

"No."
"Well then,I shall know your name and you shall know mine."

"You sure wanted my name?"

"I wanted to see if your name worth remembering or not." He tighten his sword grip,a smirk formed in his face. "I'm Ken."

"Tatsuya."

Silent filled the air between us.

He started approaching me,while I do the same.

'Wait...where is he?'

He is gone from my eyesight in a blink of second.

"WHA--"

Suddenly,he reappeared with his sword already mid air about to reach my neck.

*sfx : klang*

Out of reflexes,I deflect his attack and swung my sword at him. Launching an counterattack. But,he quickly dodge it.
And throw a punch into my face.

"Quite impressive." Ken,the elves man said to me.

I wipe the blood coming from my nose,then I regain my composure.

I run towards him,charging an attack at him. With that,I put all my effort and strength in that single attack.