Chapter 19 - New Hope

".....Uh...I feel light headed....."

I wake up to a sound of bird chirping at the trees beside my house. I look around my bedroom, searching for Tatsuya, but he is nowhere to be found, where is he?

Uh, right...he must be busy keeping human away from this forest.

Cicada sure are noisy...

After fixing the seal of the monument, I felt really weak all of the sudden. It's like I'm drained. The magic I cast to protect this forest are weaken too.

I saw Mother and Father repaired it when I was little, but they never get sick. Am I really that weak?

But, how? Do putting protection at this forest are not that much problem and doesn't need that much magic?

How do I get stronger?

I gazed out as I look at the blue skies through my window. But,a door cracked open tracked me back.

The rune in my palm shine, it immediately calm me down, because the rune are connecting me with Tatsuya. The brighter it shine, the closer he is towards me.

He reached the staircase, and his footsteps are getting louder.

I cannot give him a task that involved in sneaking.

"Rushia.." Tatsuya slowly opened the door and carefully walked in. His expression are cute!

"Welcome home."

He rushed towards me, and quickly sat beside my bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"Did you still feel sick?"

"Are you hungry?"

"Calm down, Tatsuya." I held his hand. "I'm feeling better now."

His eyes change as I held his hand, a worried in his face faded away and turn into his usual.

Does his hand are this warm?

I sat at the bed with my lower body covered with blanket, as I fully regain my consciousness, I can feel it again, the magic.

"Tat-chan! I felt really good now!"

"Rushia, please don't call me that." Is he irritated?

"Why? Did you hate me?"

"It just...don't suit me." He is irritated.

Ughhh...

I tried to get off my bed and stand up, my legs, it's really weak. I reached for Tatsuya's shoulder as I finally stand up, he placed his hand on my hip helping me walk outside bedroom.

With so much struggle, me and Tatsuya finally reached the first floor. He then asked me, "Where are you going? Are you perhaps hungry?"

"No. I just want a breath of fresh air."

He then helped me walk outside, slow and steady, I grab the door handle and opened the door.

As I step outside, the bright blue skies welcomed me, the same as I saw earlier from the window. I look around and it still the same as usual, a gentle wind, a beautiful landscape of vast grassland and a lake not far from house.

I didn't expect much.

I take a look at my garden, the one where I plant my beautiful flowers.

Expecting to be dried out and dead, I was suprised when I look at the reality. The flowers are blooming and are full in colours.

There is no way Tatsuya did this. Since when did he care about flower?

"Tatsuya...did you take care of my flowers?"

"I always saw you taking care of it, water it and even sometime talk to it. So, I do the same as you."

Eh...

I'm really embarassed...

Did he really saw me when I was talking with my flowers?...

Tatsuya...you are really unexpected.

I smiled as I look at Tatsuya's face, while he just stared at me.

But, a little things like this, are something that I really appreciate.

I love you, Tatsuya. Even when the first time we met, when you dare to point your sword at me.

Our encounter are something I never expected. I'm confused, how can a human, normal human like you, survive in this forest? And even battled with the elves that day.

At first, I thought you're the same as another human. But, your different.

That will of you, the will to keep alive and survive even at your lowest.

To fight for you own life, even against me.

You're truly special. Especially to me.

After the rune are formed in your palm, I believe we'll be together for the rest of our live.

After all, you're the only one I had. After losing almost everything, I found you. A spark of new hope.