Chapter 14

"I will fulfill your wish. But,there's a certain condition. You,do know that I'm the keeper of this place,therefore I will not be able to leave this place. For that,I will send my Asisstent to go with you." Rushia spoke,at the same time unbind the tie that tied to Noel.

Hearing that,Tatsuya instantly gazed at Rushia. He then asked her,while holding her shoulder. "What did you just say?" Tatsuya shook Rushia's shoulder. "You do realize that you will be dead,right?!"

Rushia look into Tatsuya's eyes,she didn't say a thing. But somehow,the look of her eyes calmed Tatsuya. "I'm sure you understand."

"So that's the condition,are you okay with that?" Rushia asked Noel
"I will gladly accept it. It's better than going back with an empty hands." Noel replied. "Tatsuya-san,are you ready now?"

"You don't need some rest?" Tatsuya spoke.

"I'm fine. I just suffered a minor injury,time will heal it."

"Fine then."

...

In a beaten path,Tatsuya along with Noel are in their way towards Centaurus accompanied with a small talk and silent.

"About,my party. What happened to them?" Noel asked,worried.

"I only knocked them out,even if they wake up again,it will be challanging to survive." Tatsuya replied. "Are you mad?"

"No. This aren't my first time losing someone,I just wanted to make sure." Noel replied with a cold tone of voice. "You and I,are not really different."

"Why did you think so?"

"You had a deep feeling for her,right? Uruha Rushia." Noel replied. "You don't wanted to lose he--no,you don't want to lose any of your beloved one again. That's why,you seemed upset earlier."

Tatsuya fell silent.

"I can't deny that." Tatsuya shortly replied. "Guess,I can't leave the place where I live before."
"Are you perhaps,a soldier?" Noel asked,quickly understanding Tatsuya's words.

"I'm a mercenary."

Tatsuya and Noel continuesly talk,after knowing that Tatsuya is a mercenary the two share their stories on the battlefield and the fact that they are from the same world are making the two easy to get along with.

"What...is this?"

Noel amused as she look up the green-ish building that is blended with nature. She confused and curious at the same time,but her curiosity almost led to death.

"Noel! Don't"
As the word came out from Tatsuya's mouth,an arrows are rained towards Noel as she stepped closer towards the building. Luckily,Tatsuya dragged Noel from the area and managed to save her.

"Be quiet." Tatsuya hid at neareast bush while covering Noel's mouth.

Not long after that,a couple of Elves guard show up at the top of building,spying at the nearby area,all while still holding a bow in their hands.

"OOOHHHH UN ELLF" Noel mumble,couldn't belive she saw an Elves for the first time thus making their position known to the guards.

...

Letting out a loud sigh,Noel felt relieved as she stepped outside Illusion Forest. A sight of mouintains from Plain of Orion welcomed Tatsuya and Noel together with a gentle breeze of wind.

"Uwahhhhh,I still didn't believe it!" Noel sigh louldy,at the same time looked at Tatsuya. "Why,did you still wear that mask? You look like a creep."

"It's part of my job." Tatsuya replied shortly.

"Hmmm..."

"Let's proceed to Centaurus." Tatsuya continued as he stepped forward.

At afternoon,the sun nearly sunk and the moon slowly making its appearance,Tatsuya and Noel arrived at Centaurus. Not a suprised,citizens are weirded by Tatsuya appearance. His tall posture,together with a cloak covering his body and a mask that covered his face.

"Why is everyone looking at me?"

"Silly,your appearance!" Noel replied. "Whatever,let's head out to the castle."

After a few minutes of walking at the street,the castle can be seen together with the guards standing outside. Noel explained about Tatsuya,and gain permission to enter the castle.

At the King's Throne Room,Tatsuya finally met with him. Noel immediately kneel down as soon as the highness making his appearance,but Tatsuya refuse to do it.

"Hmm? In what purpose you need to met with me,Noel?" The King said,not long after that he notices Tatsuya. "And...who is this man?"

"I'm Tatsuya,The Keeper of Illusion Forest Assistant. For a certain situation,my master cannot make it here and I came as her substitute."

"Uruha Rushia was it? What's wrong with her? Is she dead sick?"

"I appreciate it if we could avoid any unnecesarry talk,especially about her."

"Who even are you?! You don't even respect the king! Kneel down before me!" The King raises his voice,it echoes throughout the entire room. "And take off your mask! Do you know who I am? I'm Lux the Third,I'm the most feared in this land!"

Hidden beneath the mask,Tatsuya hold his grudge against Lux. The face of him just making Tatsuya tensed up,his attitude are bad for someone who control a big country like Centaurus.

"I appreciate it,if we would just go straight to the point. You are the one who needed me." Tatsuya spoke,thus making Lux silent. "You needed my help,you needed Rushia's help."