Chapter 4

"Are you hurt or anything?" I asked the girl in front of me.

She had appearance of a short blonde hair with a length of shoulder, and a light blue eyes. Her clothes,are kind of strange,in fact this are the first time i see a clothes like that.

It looked like she came from totally a different world.

"I should the one who ask that." She replied shortly.

"I've had worse."

Realize she's not hurt or anything,I decided to continued to look for a medicine shop. But,right before I leave...

"Be safe young girl,don't enter this dark allys all alone." I turn my body against her back.

"Wait! Why did you save me?" She said to me.

"I just want to help."

"Don't you realize that you put yourself in danger!?"

"I don't care. Perhaps,my life would been better if I started helping people." I turn my back against her and started to walk away from her.

"WAIT!"

I glanced into her,and saw that she's running towards me.

"Thank you for helping me. I'm Amelia Watson. From what I heard before,you're mercenaries right?"

"Not anymore."

"I will pay you a lot of gold!!!"

"No."

"I need your help! Please!! I doesn't care if that cost a lot!"

"Amelia,right?"

"Y-yes."

"Thank you for the offer,but I kindly refuse. I just wanted to live a peaceful life from now." I said to her as I pat her shoulder. "I'm sorry."
I could feel her dissapointment from the bottom of her heart.

After walking for a while, I found a medicine shop. I entered it right away,as I open the door I hear a sound of bell that placed on the door.

"Welcome! What could I help you today?" The Shopkeeper greeted me.

"I'm looking for a medicine that can heal deep cut wounds,especially from a sharp things like sword,animal claw and fang."

"Please kindly wait."

Few minutes later,the Shopkeeper bring me the medicine that stored in a small container made of glass.

"This one fitted your description best. Beside cut wounds,it can also heal bruises and burns."

"How much for a bottle?" I asked.

"15 gold coin sir."

"Kind of expensive. You're not trying to scam me,right?"

"The material needed for this are hard to find,and the process of making this cost days and a lot of energy."

"I'll take two then."

While I'm getting the money out from my bag,the Shopkeeper talked to me.

"Are you a mercenaries?" The Shopkeeper asked me. "Where do you work before coming here?"

"The country at war."

I handed him the money.

"Use this bandage,it will help recover your wound faster." The Shopkeeper gave me a roll of bandage. "Be careful,someone perhaps will attacked you."

"Thank you."

As I walk back to Tavern,I see many stalls selling food on the street. The one who piqued my interest are those grilled meat in skewer.

"What kind of meat is this?" I asked the seller.

"Oh! You interested? These are grilled goat meat! Don't worry,I guarantee you this is tender!" He replied me.

"I'll buy twenty. Give me the fresh grilled one!"

...

I arrived in the Tavern,specifically at the front of my room. I knocked on the door,and Flare greeted me.

"Welcome back,Uncle!"

"Ah,yes."

"What are those?" Flare pointed her finger towards the bag in my hand.
"Let's eat it together,Flare! I buy it for the two of us!"

"W-what is this?"

"That is grilled goat meat! I bet you will love it!"

As Flare take a bite of the grilled goat meat,her face turn lit up,her eyes starry full of excitement.

'Ahhh,it's been a long time since I had this again. Flare also like it,huh. Well,it's better than a bread and soup that I always made at the way here.'

I never found a kid as good as Flare. In fact,I hate them. Years ago,when I was a kid,I envy at the kids who could spend time with their parents.

I often said "Why did they doesn't suffer like me? It's not fair!!!" My envy,turns to hate.

I do have a parent,but they get killed. That happened when I was eight. My hometown was invaded by Evenfall that day. It turn into a chaos quickly,ships are burned,houses are collapsing,and many people are killed including my parents.

As a result,I learned how to use sword and became a mercenaries to earn money.

I wander around,till I came to Trifid. At first,I didn't know that the one who invaded my hometown are Evenfall,the one who are in war with Trifid till now.

As time goes on,I found out that the one who invaded my hometown are Evenfall,with that my fighting will strenghten and burned. That day,I remember going to war with hatred filled my body.

But now that i grow up,I realize that my parents and others that killed are victim of war,and that's normal,considering it's war.

"Hey Uncle! Are you not going to eat?" Flare awaken me who are in deep thoughts of terrible past.

But,still I still hate kids because they are damn annoying!!! Even Flare can became annoying sometime!

"Uh,yes."

'Perhaps,I will visit my hometown again after taking Flare back to her home. Maybe,I will stay there and became a fisherman! I will definetly visit Blue again!'