Chapter 17

After sealing the monumet at the centre of Lake of Soul, Rushia lost a great amount of mana, making her ill and weakened for two weeks.

With her poor condition, the forest protection also weaken, leaving only Tatsuya and another being to manage it. Without her magic protection, human occasionally can get in.

Thankfully, the Elves are taking a part too. Otherwise, Tatsuya would be overwhelmed keeping human away from Illusion Forest.

"I really appreciated the help you gave." Tatsuya spoke as he shake the Elves leader.

"No. It's an honour for us to work with Rushia's assistant. It's also our responsibilities to protect this forest if something happened." The Elves Leader replied. "Let's work together, Tatsuya."

As the alliance formed, the proctection Rushia gave were replaced. It's not as strong as her's, but it would at least hold off for more than two weeks.

Due to how often Tatsuya visit Elves Town, this lead into an encounter. He met with the child he save, who also lead him for encountering Rushia.

A sharp orange red-ish eyes divert as she saw a familiar figure. She kept looking at the figure with her sharp eyes she doesn't make a mistake. It's him.

Her pupils widen as she realized it's the man who saved her. The serious deadly look on her face quickly turns, the path she walked change, she quickly run towards him.

"U......Uncle!!!" Not sure what to call, she decided to just call him the same. Flare shout as she hugged Tatsuya.

At first, Tatsuya confused, wondering who is she and why is she hugging him? But, the word "uncle" recall him. There's only one person who call him that.

"F-flare?! Is that you?" Tatsuya grab Flare's shoulder, trying to see her face that was buried at his chestplate.

"I'm happy to see you again!!" Flare cries even louder. "I thought you were killed and got eaten!..."

"As you can see, I'm here now. No need to be sad." Tatsuya gently stroke Flare's long hair. "Okay?"

Flare nodded silently. She then properly stand in front of Tatsuya, totally different from the first time they met. Flare grow taller and bigger, while Tatsuya didn't even grow an inch taller.

"You sure grow up healthy, huh?" Tatsuya spoke. "And...seems like you learn how to shoot." Tatsuya look at the bow and arrow that Flare bring.

"I'm afraid of losing someone, remember when you fought the bandit? Uncle almost got killed, I didn't want that happened. So I learned how to use Bow and Arrow." Flare explain. "Uncle...what happened to your face?"

Tatsuya suprised, he spaced out, thinking how to answer her question. "Umm...this...uh...just a scar from my previous battle. Nothing serious."

"Eh....." Flare stared at Tatsuya's eyes with a suspicious expression. "Uncle are not lying to me,right?"

"Of course not!" Tatsuya quickly replied.

Silent fall after his word finished, the two looked at each other, especially Tatsuya who felt happy seeing Flare grow up to be healthy.

"You really grow up..." Tatsuya spoke.

"Uncle..." Flare sobs, tears fall from her eyes. "I'm glad you still alive." Flare then jumped to hugged Tatsuya.

Sadly, the reunion has to end as Tatsuya need to get back to work. Same as Flare who guard the entrance towards Illusion Forest.

"Uncle, I need to guard the entrance." Flare spoke. "Promise me we'll meet again."

"Sure thing."

Flare departed, headed to the entrance of Illusion Forest that close to Stellar. While Tatsuya headed to met with Ken, the man he clashed sword once with.

He had a meeting in a barrack, a place where a soldier born. Tatsuya welcomed by a few people inside the barrack, five including him. All of them dress almost the same as Ken.

"Glad to meet you again." Ken greeted.

"Me too." Tatsuya replied. "So, what's your plan that you've been eager to told?"

Two men, that almost killed each other at their first encounter turned to be a partner at the end.

Ken finally told his plan, it's rejected once by Tatsuya and he even called it ridiculous. But, Ken keep convincing him. Ken even place a money on his plan.

"I'm willing to cut one of my fingers if it's fail." Ken spoke, fully confident on his plan. There's no doubt on his voice.

"I will keep your promise, brother."
The plan goes. Tatsuya and Ken headed to the entrance near Stellar. There, the two met with another elves who guarded the place, Ken then told his plan. At first, all of them are not sure, but after a Ken convincing them for a while, they agreed.

"Stick to the plan, Flare." Tatsuya spoke. "Don't do anything weird."

After a while, the human are spotted. It's more than before. They all are wearing the same armour and appearance, a symbol of Stellar on their chest.

"Lux, that bastard wouldn't stop sending corpses. I knew he's not someone who can be trusted." Tatsuya mutters.

He is a traitor, a worse kind of leader, he is the one who will bring destruction instead of the evil mankind he's talking about. I fucking hate that man.

.....

Hey, I noticed that this book climbed again on spot #2 at #hololive. I didn't expected it at all. Thank you brother and sister for supporting me!

.....