Chapter 8

With a weak body and a dizzines inside my head,I regain my consciousness. I slowly opened my eyes,with a blurry vision I question myself. Where am I?

I tried to move my body,and it doesn't work at all. My hand,it's like tied into something same with my legs. I looked down into my legs,and realize I'm tied into a chair.

"It so dark in here..." I said to myself. "Are this someone basement?"

A loud sound of door opened distracted me,followed by a footstep that getting closer. Each step,it sound louder and louder. Putting fear and nervous at myself.

There,appear a familiar figure with a green hair and a crimson red eyes,wearing a dark blue dress covered in a dark colored robe. She approached me with a candle in her hand,brighten the basement.

"You're awake." The same voice spoke to me. The same voice I heard before I lost my consciousness.

I stare into her eyes,the eyes who looked at me with hate.

"Human...I figured out,that you're stuck in this forest." She spoke to me. "I tried to save you,but you replied with a violence towards me."

"It seems that you're not associated with any kingdoms. If that so,who hired you?" She asked me.

"No one,nobody hired me." I answered.

"Then,what is your purpose? Are you just lost?" She asked me again.

"I'm fulfilling my promise. I'm taking back an elves child to her home."

"You didn't get a warm welcome,aren't you?" She look into my forehead. "I found you laying around underneath a Banyan Tree."

"You...why did you save me?"

"I don't have any particular reason. Like I said before,I found you laying underneath a tree. At first,I think of you as a soldier from the kingdoms out there. But,you're just a mercenaries." She said to me. "Tell me,is the war between Trifid and Evenfall has ended?"

"No. But,Trifid is taken the lead. One of the strongest knight from Evenfall are dead,who often lead them to victory."

"So Evenfall are losing?"

"I cannot guarantee that."

"Evenfall are a country lead with a bunch of pile of trash who just think about treasure. There's one day,when they invaded Blue if I'm not mistaken. A horrible scenery. They even entered this forest and chopped down a lot of trees. The creature inside this forest are angry and filled with rage towards those human."

"They invaded my hometown. All of my families and friends are killed,the house were burnt down,the ships are stolen and some are destroyed. They even robbed and stole from our house. But,somehow I survived."

"Sorry to hear that. You've been through a lot,aren't you?" She approached me and suddenly patting my head. "I've avenge them,I make them suffer when they cross this forest."

"You're...the keeper of this place.."

"AH! You finally figured that out! I'm Uruha Rushia,The Keeper of Illusion Forest." She took off the robe that covered her body. Revealing a cute face and a beautiful body. "What is your name?"

"I-I'm Tatsuya." I stunned upon seeing her. "Thank you for saving me,Ma'am."

"Oh? Don't need to be formal! You can call me Rushia." She said to me. "I realize,that you're not dangerous. Sorry for tying you up like this. I will take it off."

"It's my mistake,forgive me for attacking you."

"It's alright,your sword won't be able to hurt me either."

Rushia cut off the rope that was tied to my hand,she then bring me out of the basement towards her kitchen. Nothing special about it,the only thing that caught my eyes are a rack of knives.

Rushia then bring me outside of her home,as I stepped in the grass I was shocked. A place that exist in dream are in front of me.

A grass land deep inside the forest,tall trees beside Rushia's home and a river next to it that flow from a huge lake in front of me. In the middle of the lake,stand a building with a shape of rectangle,the hollow in the middle making it look like a portal. Together with the wonderful blue skies,making it an unbeliavable scenery. A dream-like.

"Is...this real?" I stunnned with the beauty of nature.

"Amazing,right? This is the place I protect,the Land of Peace." Rushia replied,her eyes gazed off at the skies.

"I understand know,why those elves doesn't want human to enter this forest."

"This is a sacred place,Tatsuya. Every creature inside this forest are special,including the elves. No human can enter this forest. It's a miracle you encounter me." She avert her gaze towards me. "It's also amazing how you can hold the elves."

"Thank you."

"Do you like this place?" Rushia sit down on the ground,followed by me.

"I do. I wanted to stopped drawing bloods,this place make it possible." I looked down on the ground,mourn over how many bloods I've drawn,how many men I've killed and how often my life almost flashed before my eyes.

"If that so,would you interested to live here?"