First Day

I just want to take the time to thank everyone for reading. This is my first book and if I look over any mistakes, I'm truly sorry. I will try to fix them as they are brought to my attention. Hopefully you all love and enjoy the book.

Happy Reading! :)

"KATTTTTTT!!! Let's go! We are already late."

"KAT!"

My bedroom door bust open. "Kat, are you almost done. The party started 15 minutes ago." Allie cried. She look irritated since this was the third time she asked me. Allie is my best friend since middle school. We met in six grade cheer tryouts and have been best friends ever since. Allie had long curly brown hair that fell halfway down her back and piercing green eyes. Allie had always loved going to parties. She always has been more social than I have. Of course I had friends and socialized considering I was on the cheer team but not as much as Allie. Allie was a people's person and I couldn't blame her because everyone loved her. Allie just attracted people because of bubbly personality and of course because she was drop dead gorgeous.

"I'm coming!" I stand up brushing myself off. I looked over at Allie who had a cute skin tight short dress on with a pair of tan pumps. Her make up was nearly perfect with a neutral eyeshadow look and red lipstick. I looked down at my self and felt slightly underdressed. I had a light pair of skinny jeans with rips in the knees paired with a cute light pink lace crop top. And obviously paired with my black converses. I lightly dusted on my makeup hoping it made my blue eyes pop. I finished it up with a nude lip and a gloss. I had curled my blonde hair and it took longer than I expected. My hair seemed to grow more than I expected over the summer. It now lays half way down my back, I might need to get a trim soon. I took one last glance in the mirror. "All right, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." And with that me and Allie left our dorm room and began walking to the frat house.

"The girls are waiting for us at the party." Allie chimed. "The first party of the year is always the best. I'm glad you decided to go." I normally don't go to parties just hasn't been my thing. I hate being around a bunch of drunk teenagers who are falling all over the place. Plus with my ex cheating on me over the summer, I did not want to run into him. Knowing he was the quarterback of the football team I knew he'd be here. Matt was a junior, I met him my freshman year of college, while cheering at one of the games. At the time Matt was a second string quarterback since the quarterback hadn't left to the NFL. Matt would sit on the bench and always shoot compliments my way. He constantly asked me out on dates and finally I gave in. Our first date was absolutely amazing I felt like I finally found the one. I felt like I could tell him anything. But it all changed over the summer. He learned that he was going to be starting the football season at Oklahoma University since the other quarterback was drafted to the NFL. Since I was back at home visiting family for the summer him and the rest of the team went out and celebrated. I was woken up around 2am that morning with a Snapchat of him with a girls tongue down his throat. I felt like I could've thrown up. And just like that it was all over. The guy I was absolutely in love with was now someone I hated. "Kat, are you okay?" Allie asked with concern on her face.

"Of course, just can't wait for this party!" I plastered a fake smile on my face. She rolled her eyes, grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to the house. As we got closer to the house we could see all the lights and hear the base of the music. College kids litter the outside of the house with drinks in their hand. Most were already drunk, I huffed and followed Allie into the house. After pushing through a crowd of people we were able to find our group of friends. All of them looked amazing, dressed similar to Allie, made it clear to me I'm definitely underdressed. They all waved us in and we started giving out hugs. We hadn't seen each other since before summer started. Most of them gave me a sympathetic look since they knew about Matt. I tried to brush it because I was done dwelling over him.