Friends forever? Laughing Jack x reader

Depuis le début

You nodded. " I am."

"Would you like me to tuck you in?"

You nodded once more, opening your arms up for him to pick you up, his long arms and sharp claws were comforting as you huddled into the feathers on his shoulder, curling his soft brushed out black yarn hair- the soft wool between your fingers felt so nice.

With light steps the clown brought you down the steps and tip toed you to your room, flicked on your light light- allowing for soft blues and greens to dance across your wall, he set you down into your bed gently, and sat next to you once he tucked you in and fluffed your pillow

"Round, and round the mulberry bush" the clown began to sing,

" The monkey chased the weasel " he smiled- watching you yawn and cuddle into his side.

" The monkey thought all was in good fun" he brushed some of your hair aside and pulled your comforter closer to you.

"Pop" he pokes your nose, smiling at your sleepy smile. " Goes the weasel"

The clown lays back, playing with your hair till it came time for him to hide away.

This is how it was for years, you sneaking off to the attic to play with the clown, and he'd tuck you in by the end of it. Sometimes reading you a story and giving you candy. As you got older, your fun would change from silly games of pretend to reading out loud to painting together. Eventually you introduced idle conversation as you got older, bringing up cups of coffee, your visits would get shorter and shorter, as you would look even more tired by the day.

Finally, he asked, as he took a mug from you. " You've been so tired, little pop. And not visiting as often. Do you not want to be friends anymore?"

He watched as a panic went across your face. " Oh God no, Jack. You're my best friend" you clarified quickly.

" I've been working a lot, so I can have my own place. Im taking you with me and we can have a bigger place, all to ourselves!"

The clown blinked in awe, " you're doing such a thing?" He tilts his head, the bell jingled once more.

" I am! And I want you to go with me, you will.. won't you?" He watched you shrink, a frown on your face and he smiled gently, ruffling your hair.

" Of course I will. I'll go anywhere you go"

You beamed at his words, " friend's forever?"

" Forever and ever" he chuckled lightly, grinning with his sharp teeth as he poked your nose gently, gaining a laugh from you as well.

At the end of the night, you fell asleep against him, and he carefully picked you up, and brought you down to your bed. There was no nightlight to turn on this time, but he could still tuck you in like he had many nights before, staying on the edge of the bed till morning- where he'd creep carefully back up the steps to his box.

And so in his box he decided to stay, day in and day out to give you rest, awaiting his friend. You still came up and spent time with him- till you eventually brought his box down, and cuddled against it in bed one night.

He could feel your warmth through the silk covered wooden box that held him.

" Two more days" you whispered. " And we've got our own place to ourselves"

He waited those two days, till you spun his music box handle after some tussling around. And there he was again, this time in a different room. A room that lacked furniture but it was nothing short of expectations when you first move away. He had no time to care for his surroundings, as you were quick to jump into the taller man's arms, hugging the clown doll so tight you made his squeaker go off.

"I missed you, Jack"

He spins you around and sets you down. " I missed you too, little friend. Now we can have as much fun and candy as we want without worry!" He proclaimed and you laughed.

" Hey Jack?"

"Yes, little pop?"

" You said dancing would get easier when I got older, right?"

Jack caught onto what you were implying, and offered his hand as his music box began to play another tune.

" I did indeed." He chuckled, taking your smaller hand and carefully moving you two into a pose,

"You're still so small, always going to be my little pop" he teased, Jack had always been your guardian. From the day you opened his box till now. He would never let anyone hurt you.

You pouted at his words and he spit his tongue out at you playfully before carefully teaching you the steps, giggling along the way as you two joked and played. Finally feeling at peace.

" Hey Jack? "

" Yes my little dancer?"

"I love you"

You watched the clown blink, he seemed surprised and then smiled, pulling you into a tight hug while swinging you around, making you laugh.

" Oh I love you too, best friend"

" Forever?" You asked, laughing as he sat you down.

" Forever and ever"