Weak Homo Sapien. | Faible Homo Sapien.

"WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!"

My mom was on our balcony looking at the one we were on. Then her eyes wandered down one of my hands which held Dhruv and her eyes widened with fear.

"DHRUV?"

"WAIT, WAIT I'M COMING!"

Her worried voice made me further realise the severity of the situation. Dhruv needed medical care, immediately. My mom reached us in less than a minute and crouched down to look at Dhruv.

"No, no how did this happen?" She asked him.

"Ma I think we should call the ambulance".

As I said that Dhruv snapped his head towards me with wide eyes. He didn't want to go to the hospital.

"Yes let me call-" My mother dialed 112 and walked away from us to speak.

"I don't need the hospital". He was holding the fabric of my shirt with his uninjured hand.

I forcefully smiled at him and said, "Yes you do, I'll be with you the whole time okay?"

He looked at me still in doubt.

"Dhruv I'll be there." I said as sincerely as I could.

He finally nodded and looked down at his bloody hand on his lap, my eyes followed. He had probably broken many glasses with his hand. But why?

"They should arrive any moment Ranee stay with Dhruv I'll get a blanket." My mom said, understanding that I needed to be with him. I never imagined that she would allow this.

I sat down on the cold floor beside him and his head immediately dropped on my shoulder.

"Dhruv?"

"Hm?" He sounded sleepy. Wait-
I can't let him sleep what if it's a concussion?

"Dhruv don't sleep". I shook him a little.

"Why?" His eyes we're closed now.

"Because you may have a concussion and if you sleep it will damage your brain!"

"Oh okay." He slept.

"Dhruv wake up! You can sleep after a doctor sees you!"

Gosh this boy.

It was heartbreaking but I could only do one thing. I moved from my place and sat in front of him instead. He jerked awake. I held his face with both my hands and said,
"Wake up!".

"Ranee! I'm awake".

My name sounded so perfect when he said it. I wanted to hear it again.

"Say it again?"

"Say what?"

"Here's the blanket Dhruv -", my mother had come with a fluffy black blanket. Wait- isn't that mine?

She placed the blanket on his shoulders and covered his back with it, then she wrapped him up like a burrito. So cute.

We heard the ambulance-

Dhruv's eyes darted towards the road from the balcony and he started to look more and more restless. I pulled him closer to me into a hug hoping to calm him down. I've always wanted to do this and I think it worked because he stopped shaking.

The red and blue lights of the ambulance started to appear and shine on the walls and after a few minutes the front door flung open and three or four paramedics came in with a stair chair.

"The patient?" One of the paramedics asked.

"Here", said my mother directing them towards us. I let go of Dhruv but he still had a tight grip on my arm with his hand.