Problem | Problème.

"Where to?", I ask Dhruv after recovering from the brief eye staring.

"Uh-um." He thinks for a while then says," To get some stuff from the store".

He looks at me for a while as if preparing himself for saying something. I waited in anticipation for another couple of minutes and then, finally, he said," Your eyes are really beautiful".

He didn't say nice, neither did he say pretty, he said Beautiful. That fudging made my day.
I quickly give him my most genuine smile and say,"Thank you".

He smiles back.

And we proceed to look at each other's eyes again. His eyes held a certain warmth that made me giddy inside. I couldn't look away even as I was slowly reminded of all my imperfections I kept my gaze on his, silently hoping that true love exists and that it would be enough to blur everything leaving just our true self to be discovered.

After staring at him for another five minutes I remembered that I was coming from school and that I needed to go home.
"I'll be going then" , I say with a sigh.

He breaks himself from the staring spell and answers ,"Yeah okay." "See you?", he asks hopefully.

I laugh "Of course". And I walk up stairs with a slight jump in my steps. I was happy. He made me happy.

I was studying hard that evening

I was studying hard that evening. My exams were this month. I was generally good at studies.

I soon get tired and start to give some more touches to my oil painting. Thank God the paint didn't dry in less than a week.

I love you Oil painting, muah -

It was a painting of the moon in the clear summer night sky. The moonlight jumping off each of the windows of the dark houses. The one streetlight, the only artificial source of illumination shined on a figure standing on a hill top road, viewing the city beneath them.

It was refreshing, the painting. Just what I wanted to portray.

I was immersed in my world when I heard music. Not any music but guitar music and someone's masculine voice singing some song which was quite indecipherable . The barriers of walls were making it hard to hear the words clearly, but that was good singing, no doubt. There was no one else I knew in our appartment building who played the guitar. Could it be?

My cheeks burned red. I had a thing for guys who played the guitar and sang.

The deep, rumbly voice seemed to make me feel a lot of emotions that was impossible to contain. And as a person who was in such par with her emotions, weaving them to make intricate pictures, it was hard to surpress the feelings which you felt on hearing music being played from the heart. It just had to make my eyes water.

It made me realise how much this person loved music. It made my heart full.

"Why are you crying?" A squeaky voice asked.
Breaking me from my trance.

No she just had to ruin it. " I just am", I answer followed by a shrug of my shoulders.

The singing stopped and simultaneously I felt the need to listen to it more. I loved music in general but if it was Dhruv's music I'd gladly listen for the rest of my life.

I resumed painting again.

A whole 2 weeks pass with short yet heart warming conversations with Dhruv and now it was exam week after which we would have two months of winter break

It was hard work. A whole week of overnight studying had left me with dark circles as I returned home from school with my father, for the last time that Saturday. I would be walking from school every day next year with Dhruv. Just the thought made me happy.

I now had given up trying to avoid loving him. It was impossible, for he was just too loveable.

But these three weeks had no romantic advances as such. Not even slight hand touching. It was as if he was scared to do so.

So I decided to initiate contact. It was fine if he wasn't going to make the first move. Maybe he would be comfortable soon after?

Whatever the case was I had made up my mind and now I had to execute it.

The same day I made my way towards the terrace at 4 p.m. The time we had subconsciously decided to meet every day.

He was standing at his usual place. Looking at the mountains at a distance, behind all the clothes, making it hard for me to see his sexy back.

Did no one ever pick up their clothes?

I shoved the layers of various colours and shapes of clothing and finally reach him.

"Hey"

"Oh". He smiled warmly. "Hi Ranee".

I smiled and proceeded to stand beside him.

He moved a few inches away.

No why? I was going to cry. He never stood close to me, always a hand's distance away. Maybe he didn't feel the same way towards me?

I looked at the scene before me.

The old and unkempt houses lined the hills leaving only a few clumps of trees here and there. The scene was very usual, nothing spectacular about it. Just like me.

He was a fudging Greek God infront of me and here I am thinking I had a chance.
I look at my fluffy peach pajamas and cringe. Ofcourse he hates me, why was I so confident?

I break myself from my thoughts and say," I just remembered something Dhruv, I got to go".

I stormed off without waiting for a response from him.

I felt my vision blur. No you idiot don't cry over a boy. He didn't even do anything to you. But that was the problemo!

 But that was the problemo!

Unedited-

Another long chapter. Expect more in the future.

Enjoy!
With Love,
P and H.